Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite desk space, but not at the moment due to State of Emergency!
    Attached Files
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

My "on the road" desk

Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	645155

Comment

OMFG, you guys are making me feel like...crap!

I'd be too embarrassed to post pics of my desk in its current condition. I don't actually *use* it, but I have to look at it every day. Someday, maybe even during 2021, I'm going to get rid of my current computer desk, along with almost everything on it--that includes two old desktops I'm finally retiring, a case of CDs I haven't touched in 10+ years, multiple keyboards/trackballs/cables, a case of Zip disks (yes, really!), and an all-in-one HP printer that's outlived its usefulness. I'm going to replace the desk with something more in line with a beautiful piece of furniture, then put a mini desktop on it (to use for file storage), add a wireless all-in-one printer, and that will be that! Maybe then I'll be brave enough to post pics.

BTW, @Snowhog, you're using the same beautiful splash screen I use, the one with the gorgeous butterfly!
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Lol, I have a similar setup back home. How did you plug it? Did you use thunderbolt on one and an HDMI on the other?
          You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
          Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
          Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Wow dude, what am I seeing? Do you do the van life?
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Originally posted by pookito View Post
              Lol, I have a similar setup back home. How did you plug it? Did you use thunderbolt on one and an HDMI on the other?
              Not sure which of us you mean here [emoji3]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210611_010114149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	645170
                I need a bigger desk...

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                  I need a bigger desk...
                  Lol I did too, and finally got one. It just got full of ....stuff. Medical bills and scooter parts, and two tubs of 'tech stuff' on the floor under it lol. The cabinet is for the stuff, the billing statements I did not really need to keep. The scooter parts still need a real home.
                  I did discover that I have too many headphones, headsets, and earbuds

Comment

A little "aside" here, @Claydoh. I gave being "car-less" a two week test run. I've decided to renew my driver's license and keep my auto insurance going. Being without a car, even when the bus rides are currently free due to covid, STINKS.

I can understand why you ride that bike. I would ride a bike too, but my wife is fearful of them and doesn't want me on them. She has a point. She's lost the sight in her left eye, she's fallen several times and as a result has a titanium right hip, right femur and left humerus. At 78, if something happened to me she'd be is a nursing home within a week. So, if you see an old man driving a car at 35 on a road marked 45 with a line of cars behind him honking their horns ... it's probably me.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by pookito View Post
                      Do you do the van life?
                      It's a bus :-)
                      I bought a plot of land - real cheap for the island - and it's where I'm living while I build a house.
                      Internet is via 4G - an Ubuntu phone used as a hotspot, with a little antenna on the roof, electricity via solar/batteries, and water, I ran a pipe to my friend's (who sold me the land) house.
                      Like, you know, trailer park life, except I don't need no park (I have water) and the bus has four wheels ;-)

Comment

Yeah, I get that. I have never had my license, currently have my permit. I am used to the bus system which is not bad here but definitely not convenient for many places or activities (groceries). I prefer bicycles, but that is imo more dangerous than a scooter in many places.

Comment

Working...
                        X