This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Actual Desks

Just cleaned my desk,as the zoom based training I am in dragged so badly.
    Took a pic as it looked tons better, plus a new setup for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210518_150145_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	649744

Don't judge me , that pile in the corner is the sort pile I need to tackle, next time the class drags.
    Mainly gas scooter parts and bills.
    Last edited by claydoh; May 19, 2021, 12:44 PM.

Looks like a NICE setup to me. Love that big monitor.

I am entering my last month of driving an automobile. I plan to sell my car in July and replace my driver's license with an ID card in August. To facilitate quick shopping trips to the local stores, most within a mile of our apartment, I plan to get an ebike or a gas powered bike. What kind are you using, how fast and far can it go in a tank full?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My setup.

Name:	IMG_1949.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	645143
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        Looks like a NICE setup to me. Love that big monitor.

I am entering my last month of driving an automobile. I plan to sell my car in July and replace my driver's license with an ID card in August. To facilitate quick shopping trips to the local stores, most within a mile of our apartment, I plan to get an ebike or a gas powered bike. What kind are you using, how fast and far can it go in a tank full?
        Check your local state laws, you may need at least a valid drivers license even for a 49cc gas scooter.

I don't yet have a drivers license or a car, never been licensed for that. I do have my permit at the moment, though.
        I have a cheep Chinese TaoTao Thunder, cost ~1000 USD from a local dealer last year before supply chain slowdowns and price hikes . There are cheaper, and even more expensive ones, but most Chinese scooters are......cheap in every sense.

It did take me to ~35 MPH on mostly flat ground, and I am a very heavy guy (285 Lbs and dropping) so a normal sized person will be zippier.
        Being a tinkerer, I have upgraded the cylinder and some other parts to increase the engine to 83cc, and it can hit 45. Generally 40 is a good average. Still get approx 90 mpg.

A nice ebike may cost more $$ than this scooter, but may be a lot more reliable, and probably limited to 25mph, and do require one to pedal in order to move.

Name:	20200620_174201_HDR.jpg
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	645144 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_174211_HDR.jpg
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	645145

Comment

My setup

Name:	my_setup_resize.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	645146
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I don't have room on my desk for my laptop or my Chromebook. probably a good thing. I was using a wood TV tray for those, but decided to simplify the desk for actual work purposes/ decluttering

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
              Check your local state laws, you may need at least a valid drivers license even for a 49cc gas scooter.
              Nice scooter!
              Thanks for the heads up on state laws regarding scooters. Never dawned on me because I equated them to bikes

" A moped is defined as a bicycle with fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, an automatic transmission and a motor not exceeding 50 ccs that produces no more than two brake
              horsepower at a maximum design speed of no more than 30 miles per hour. A Class O (car) license is required to operate a moped on public roadways."

"E-bikes are defined as “electric assisted bicycles,” so long as the e-bike’s motor is under 750w, has a maximum speed of 20mph, and has fully operable pedals. The same rules of the road apply to both e-bikes and human-powered bicycles.
              ? E-bikes are not subject to the registration, licensing or insurance requirements that apply to motor vehicles.
              ? E-bikes are allowed on sidewalks and bike paths.
              ? There is no age minimum for e-bike riders.
              ? E-bike riders are not required to wear a helmet.

So, it looks like I'll be riding an EBike, not a scooter. And, my EBike will have a grocery basket on the back. I'm 250lbs so any EBike I buy will have to have a basket and at least 400 lbs of load capacity.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; May 19, 2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Cool, I get to show off!

Home office: Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210519_210051692.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	645147

Work (small): Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180924_175502.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	645148

Woork (large): Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180802_192106.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	645149

Please Read Me

Comment

Snowhog, yours looks very "healthy", lol

Please Read Me

Comment

Drool!!!

Comment

My desk with a tiny 24" Dell monitor. My 27" died. I've got the same model Dell downstairs. I wonder if I can connect both to this PC...
                      Attached Files
                      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

A slightly different angle showing off the sexy 1930's legs...
                        Attached Files

Comment

And a growler of ale...

Comment

Missing in my original oic is my third monitor (the TV lol), plus the shelf that has a current rats nest of wires, an old laptop, the printer, some books, and 2 PCs (one not working), but that is in an embarrassing state until I finish the mess I started

Comment

OK let's get real here, this is how I think most of us have our offices setup, laptop on a table, with a printer and router and assorted stuff.

Name:	desk.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	645153

Comment

Working...
                              X