Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah right... but it was there long before that.
    And it wasn't black and horrible like this, it was grey and nice like that, except it didn't have the blue "progress" circle around it - well, obviously - it had a plain fixed white one.

Comment

But the numbers feature was still removed, though I doi nopt dig in to find out exactly when.

Comment

Here's my current look; I think they're all self-explanatory, but will clarify if anyone asks!

systray:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Kubuntu_desktop_brief_systray_041721.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	645125

app icons:

Name:	Kubuntu_desktop_brief_app_icons_041721.png
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	645127

As you can see, I have a blue theme going--but I haven't figured out how to edit the icon for the Quicklaunch widget. Clues?

status/notifications:

Name:	Kubuntu_desktop_brief_notifications_041721.png
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	645126
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

do you mean the quicklaunch widget, or the systray arrow icon?

Assuming the latter, you will need to do things similar to changing application icons, but with widget components. Find a plasma style that has an arrow that suits you, and copy the arrows.svg file from the theme's widgets folder into the corresponding widgets folder in your current theme (you may have to create it, many themes just use the stock widget components)

Comment

I've highlighted it here, @claydoh:

Name:	Kubuntu_desktop_brief_app_icons_Quicklaunch_041721.png
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	645128

With all the other [app] icons, I located them and edited them in the GIMP, turning them blue. But I'm stuck on this! And it ruins my pretty, blue theme.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

so it is a plasma widget. Should not be too hard to figure out where it is found in /usr/share/icons............just gotta find the rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                I've highlighted it here, @claydoh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9402[/ATTACH]

With all the other [app] icons, I located them and edited them in the GIMP, turning them blue. But I'm stuck on this! And it ruins my pretty, blue theme.
                I have no way to know what the heck the rocket icon is for, or which one is the quicklaunch widget ......

BUTT...... the icon is very conveniently and logically called..............'fork.png' and/or 'fork.svg' .
                I'll leave you to find out which specific folders they reside in, my din-din is getting cold

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  I have no way to know what the heck the rocket icon is for, or which one is the quicklaunch widget ...

BUTT... the icon is very conveniently and logically called...'fork.png' and/or 'fork.svg' .
                  I'll leave you to find out which specific folders they reside in, my din-din is getting cold
                  Your eyes are a lot better than mine--you mean that's a fork?! Okey-dokey, now that I know what I'm looking for...go eat your dinner! Don't let it get too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                    Your eyes are a lot better than mine--you mean that's a fork?! Okey-dokey, now that I know what I'm looking for...go eat your dinner! Don't let it get too cold.
                    Inside joke, it was a salad. Technically it was getting warm lolol.

Comment

Too funny!

Comment

Working...
                      X