This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbicat View Post
    I too have a problem with the audio in groovy. I did a 'do-release-upgrade' from 2004.
    It upgraded smoothly and in a short time. Now I am beginning to wonder if I should have done an install from usb thumb drive, as I have in the past.

Your workaround works for me, but I am not tech savvy and would prefer things that don't need such tweaks and adjustments.
    When I installed Groovy I used the usb thumb drive and still had the same audio problem. I have had updates to pulseaudio and these have not fixed the problem. So I do not think reinstalling with a usb will change your sound problem.

I must say that I am glad to know that I am not the only person who has experienced this problem. I would also like to know how many others have this problem. I will certainly be interest to see reviews of Groovy and if this sound problems exists for the reviewer.

On my main Laptop, I got frustrated with redoing the command line, so I ended up with the fix cited in post #87 above. I copied the original file to "xscreensaver -nosplash.desktop.default" so that I could restore when a fix is made.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
      When I installed Groovy I used the usb thumb drive and still had the same audio problem. I have had updates to pulseaudio and these have not fixed the problem. So I do not think reinstalling with a usb will change your sound problem.

I must say that I am glad to know that I am not the only person who has experienced this problem. I would also like to know how many others have this problem. I will certainly be interest to see reviews of Groovy and if this sound problems exists for the reviewer.

On my main Laptop, I got frustrated with redoing the command line, so I ended up with the fix cited in post #87 above. I copied the original file to "xscreensaver -nosplash.desktop.default" so that I could restore when a fix is made.
      I found one or two references to the problem/bug after a search. There were one or two suggested workarounds but yours was the only one that gave a result for me.
      You saved me an afternoon of frustration by suggesting the same thing would be likely to occur if I were to attempt a USB install. I was definitely ready to try that. So thanks for saving me the trouble.
      I did wonder what would happen if I purge/uninstalled pulseaudio, but when I looked it over it seemed it would uninstall most of the operating system and a bunch of programs too, so I dropped that idea. I did try running a re-install of pulseaudio in muon with no useful result.
      So for now I'll go with your workaround and check out bug reports and anything else I can find online.
      I'll report back here if I come across anything useful.

A new thread in the gorilla section would be good but I can't post there right now.
      Last edited by bobbicat; Oct 26, 2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X