X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    But, still no bulgy bar...

woody
    (I don't know why you aren't seeing "bulgy" in the snap version of Firefox 75. I don't use snaps and so can't say any more.)
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
      (I don't know why you aren't seeing "bulgy" in the snap version of Firefox 75. I don't use snaps and so can't say any more.)
      lol I dunno either unless it is because I'm running 19.04 Kubuntu, ill try installing it on the NEON machine, but that is the work machine and I do not need it there.

woodsmoke

Comment

Here's the bulge

I installed Fx 75 from snapcraft.io on 20.04:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200413112237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	644632

So I don't think it'll help your particular case of selectively increasing the font size in the url bar.
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Ok I have installed FF 75 on the NEON machine and do not see it there either.

I search for this and found that there are at least "two" other names for it:

"megabar"

"animation"

I searched for both of them in customize and preferences and did not find them.

From the search on the net there are a lot of people who do not like it and there are suggestions about how to DISable it but to ENable it.

woodsmoke

Comment

thanks Chimak and also please read the below.
            woody

Comment

It's enabled by default in both the snap and regular versions. You shouldn't have to do anything.

When you toggle between single-clicking in the urlbar and then outside (somewhere safe on the webpage you're currently on) what happens?
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Please read my previous two replies:

Apparently "the animation / bulgy" is in toolkits according to this site

https://superuser.com/questions/1539...lla-firefox-75

So i did the "about:config" in the search url and found "toolkit animation enabled" and it is set to "true" so the animation should work.

but, as noted in lower in the discussion it "apparently" is not responsible for the behaviour of it getting "bulgy".

I tried setting it to false and nothing happened that I can see.

woodsmoke
                Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 13, 2020, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
                  It's enabled by default in both the snap and regular versions. You shouldn't have to do anything.
                  When you toggle between single-clicking in the urlbar and then outside (somewhere safe on the webpage you're currently on) what happens?
                  Hi
                  if I have followed your instructions correctly then nothing happens.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                  X