Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

show off your desktop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Cincinnatus View Post

    Which Icon pack are you using?
    It's a mix of Amiga OS icon set and filled in on missing items with I think Oxygen. Can't remember where I downloaded that but I see here at the following quite a few variants of the same.

    https://www.amiga-look.org/content/icons/os4


    EDIT:
    Based on what I just searched, links to the original download I made many years ago seems to have died away due to server drops but the URL above seems to be a good place where it seems to still live. The Square Glass icons are just that, manually assigned to that application and downloaded from icon websites.
    Last edited by MoonRise; Sep 24, 2026, 05:14 AM.

    Comment


      #47
      Click image for larger version

Name:	hackkubuntu.png
Views:	80
Size:	665.1 KB
ID:	694457

      and another
      ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

      Comment


        #48
        so been playing with ghostty terminal and fastfetch configs , 1st of ghostty doesn't work on my old lappy with OpenGL 2.1 , but with Linux everything is possible right?
        so eventually got ghostty to work , here's some results
        i'll play around some more but now i'm tired lol

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261001_195622.png
Views:	75
Size:	839.6 KB
ID:	694569 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261001_195100.png
Views:	71
Size:	714.4 KB
ID:	694570 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261001_194945.png
Views:	71
Size:	704.1 KB
ID:	694571
        ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

        Comment


          #49
          Sanitized of personal information on the Desktop.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	BeeSkull.png
Views:	66
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	694573
          Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
          Windows no longer obstruct my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

          Comment


            #50
            Wow!! Snowhog! That is wild. I like that and it's simple!

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by die.boer View Post
              so been playing with ghostty terminal and fastfetch configs , 1st of ghostty doesn't work on my old lappy with OpenGL 2.1 , but with Linux everything is possible right?
              so eventually got ghostty to work , here's some results
              i'll play around some more but now i'm tired lol

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261001_195622.png
Views:	75
Size:	839.6 KB
ID:	694569
              Really like all of the desktops you're showing off, although I don't even know what fastfetch configs are. Like in this photo, what do the fastfetch configs change?

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Cincinnatus View Post

                Really like all of the desktops you're showing off, although I don't even know what fastfetch configs are. Like in this photo, what do the fastfetch configs change?
                that photo only shows conky , which one could also config lol

                A Fastfetch config (configuration) is basically a settings file that tells Fastfetch what information to display and how to display it.
                Last edited by die.boer; Oct 06, 2026, 11:13 AM.
                ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

                Comment


                  #53
                  heres some more fastfetch configs i'm playing with

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261007_091246.png
Views:	60
Size:	527.4 KB
ID:	694645 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261007_091316.png
Views:	58
Size:	645.5 KB
ID:	694646 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261007_091411.png
Views:	60
Size:	770.3 KB
ID:	694647
                  ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

                  Comment


                    #54
                    altered the 1 fastfetch a bit

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261009_092155.png
Views:	37
Size:	604.9 KB
ID:	694674
                    Last edited by die.boer; Oct 09, 2026, 01:24 AM.
                    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

                    Comment


                      #55
                      I like the fastfetch configs, the icon set, and the dark theme. The last two resemble conky. This is impressive. Thanks for sharing. This inspired me to make my desktop more eye catching.

                      I've only leveraged fastfetch to display things in conky. I havn't messed with the fastfetch config yet.

                      My challenge has been to find a dark theme that looks good and allows me to be productive without eye strain. Some apps and spreadsheets don't look good with a dark theme, and it takes the right desktop wallpaper.

                      I haven't tried ghostty terminal yet. This is my latest attempt at a dark theme with a borderless semi transparent konsole teminal.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261010_173308.png
Views:	8
Size:	578.5 KB
ID:	694691​
                      OS: Kubuntu 26.04 LTS
                      Desktop: Dell XPS 8900
                      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Looks very nice
                        I prefer EVERYTHING dark lol ,even made this forum dark.
                        ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by die.boer View Post
                          I prefer EVERYTHING dark lol ,even made this forum dark.
                          I suspected you had a dark side.
                          Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
                          Windows no longer obstruct my view.
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

                          Comment


                            #58
                            ok , last 1 to for awhile lol

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261011_195007.png
Views:	0
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	694702
                            ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

                            Comment


                              #59
                              ...and changed the prompts with starship
                              more configs to play with grrrr

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20261012_002750.png
Views:	0
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	694715
                              ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᄂIПЦX FӨЯ ᄂIFΣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing This Topic

                              Collapse

                              There are 0 users viewing this topic.

                              Working...
                              X