Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grey on white - what's the thinking behind that?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey on white - what's the thinking behind that?

kubuntu.org has truly embraced the grey on white look.

Near the bottom, there's this:
    Advertica Theme by SketchThemes
    On visiting the site, there's this:
    We measure our every theme by your site’s yardstick. We deliver as you require and that is perfectly weaved into all our themes.
    Hmmm...
    Kubuntu 20.04

You'll have to ask kububtu.
    It looks fine to me.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ditto here. Yes, the site (main page) uses a greyish font color, but it isn't a light-grey, and actually is pleasing to the eye (mine anyway) on the white background. It's very readable, again, to my eyes.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't know what the idea is. You see this kind of background/foreground combinations quite often, sometimes even much worse. Almost always the sitebuilder didn't think about accessibility.
        A lot of people have problems reading text with too low contrast, or can't even read it at all. Kubuntu.org uses a contrast that's too low, if you follow accessibility rules from WCAG from W3C. At the very least they should make it easy to change colors at the top of the site.
        Last edited by Goeroeboeroe; Nov 20, 2018, 07:09 AM. Reason: yahoo, I didn't miss the traditional typo!

Comment

Pencil on paper?

There's a reason eReaders use "paperwhite" backgrounds with darker text. It's easier on the eyes. I love the look of dark themes until I have to use them. GIMP 2.0 is ghastly.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            Pencil on paper?

There's a reason eReaders use "paperwhite" backgrounds with darker text. It's easier on the eyes. I love the look of dark themes until I have to use them. GIMP 2.0 is ghastly.
            That's true. But it's also important to have enough contrast. Extreme example: very darkgrey text on a darkgrey background is really relaxing, but you can't read it.

Comment

Working...
            X