This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm okay

To continue the concept, I even put all separate folders into their own subvolumes on my server because my need to snapshot/backup Documents is different than my need to snapshot/backup Videos, for example.

Please Read Me

Hey, you're back!
    Hope you didn't suffer too much damage in the hurricane!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'm barely back - only when a distraction is needed. We lost the first floor of our house and a car

But I have good insurance and we're on it already, First floor is gutted to the studs and joists, new A/C going in this week, then subfloor and some electrical work that needed to be done. Then, insulation, drywall, and paint after that.

We're taking the opportunity to do some deferred upgrades - new windows and molding, etc.

Kitchen will take awhile but the two bathrooms downstairs were 1963 originals, They were long over due for a remodel.

Please Read Me

Comment

Living in your upstairs or is the insurance paying for motel rent?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

No housing in the insurance plan but I did get full replacement value instead of depreciated value so they'll pay for all our stuff. Right now the girls are staying with a neighbor and we're in our RV in the backyard. In a couple weeks, my next-door neighbor's house will be available and we'll move in there until we're done renovating. Mostly a damn inconvenience. Everyday I remember many of my neighbors and friends got hit worse, so we count our blessings.

Please Read Me

Comment

And count them twice Glad to see your words. I hope your home gets back together well and with well done workmanship!

We were driving up the backside of the Applachians (I75/I81) to Virginia as the hurricane was making landfall. Too much bad weather, too many bad after effects when the storm was long gone. Our prayers to those who lost anything and everything and who still suffer from watershed flooding.
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Lose any computers?

Comment

One older Dell laptop. Guess I'll be getting a new one!

Please Read Me

Comment

Oh, the horror!
                  RIP Dell.
                  But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Comment

Working...
                  X