Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - (when) will you install Kubuntu 24.04 LTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - (when) will you install Kubuntu 24.04 LTS?

If nothing goes wrong Kubuntu 24.04 LTS should be released 2024-04-25.

When do you plan to install it (if at all)?
    I will install/upgrade to it immediately after the 24.04.0 release.
    30.00%
    I will wait until the 24.04.1 release has come out (probably August '24).
    35.00%
    I already use the development branch or Beta version of Kubuntu 24.04.
    20.00%
    I will not upgrade my current Kubuntu version until my computer explodes.
    5.00%
    I will not install 24.04 and will completely ditch Kubuntu due to Canonical's Snap politics.
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Shouldn't a poll like this be pinned at least for awhile, as people respond, so we can find it quickly?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Shouldn't a poll like this be pinned at least for awhile, as people respond, so we can find it quickly?
      Click on the Add to Bookmarks icon to add the post to your Bookmarks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	260
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	678002
      See your Bookmarked posts by clicking on MY BOOKMARKS at the top of the Home Page.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Unsurprisingly, I don't even have that Add to Bookmarks icon -- that leftmost icon your red arrow points at. I do have all the other icons in that list, from left to right. I am looking at the OP.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Unsurprisingly, I don't even have that Add to Bookmarks icon
          Hmm. Let me look into that.

You should see it. My Bookmarks is a MOD that is available to Administrators and those with Paid Subscriptions. You have a Paid Subscription, so...

Do you mind if I 'log in as you' so I can see what you see?
          Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 08, 2024, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Unsurprisingly, I don't even have that Add to Bookmarks icon
            Should be good now. Let me know.

Comment

Good. It all works now! Thanks!

Comment

I was tempted to chose the last option.

Comment

Originally posted by Montmorency View Post
                  I feel your pain but easy enough to remove snap and be done with it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Montmorency View Post
                    Depending on what the three options in the installer will do when they work, removing Snap could be as "painless" as in 22.04 LTS…

And there still are scripts for people who don't want to do this "manually" or who want to use the "traditional" Firefox and Thunderbird additionally to or instead of the Snaps in 24.04 LTS.
                    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 08, 2024, 01:25 PM. Reason: added link

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

I would like to install sometime after 24.04 hits the streets, but only if recent XZ and time thingies are fixed and there are few worries expressed in the forum.
                      The next brick house on the left
                      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

I have to agree with the sentiment expressed against the use of SNAP. I'm not enjoying the need to jump through hoops...
                        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.11, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I'll wait for the next KDE Neon...
                          Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

I have already changed last year to Open Suse tumbleweed because of this Snap nonsense but in the context that is just the latest in a long line of silly Canonical ideas. One day I expect they will drop it and then think up some new silly idea. Tumbleweed is nice, the K is more important than the ubuntu to me anyway. So I now have the latest Plasma and BTRFS by default with regular automatic snapshots set up . Something I was always too lazy to set up properly before.

Comment

I also love and use openSUSE Tumbleweed, but I would never install it on a production system - automatic Btrfs snapper snapshots or not…

Indeed, Canonical has made some controversial decisions over the years to say the least. But they are a company and Ubuntu is their distribution and they can do with it as they please.
                              And as long as it is still possible to change the things I don't like (and I just have to run two or three scripts…) I am quite fine with it (sometimes I am quite annoyed too, of course).
                              Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 09, 2024, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X