Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I reiterate: Google is Not your friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reiterate: Google is Not your friend...

This is only one of many reasons why:

https://nypost.com/2023/11/11/news/h...n-google-maps/

Beware where you get advice...

TWP
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Agree with being careful about getting and taking advice.

You data passes through many hands while you are on the internet. The best you can do is to be careful about where you go, and what links you click on.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Yeah, ok, google maps messed up. But really this sounds more like Darwinism in action. The headline could have been "Inexperienced hiker with insufficient gear and preparation decides to follow non-existent trail to near death." I hope he doesn't reproduce.

It's just like when Apple maps was new and there were people driving into water and one person I recall breached a security fence and drove across an active runway at an airport.

Stupid people do stupid stuff, and you can't fix stupid. Critical thinking and healthy skepticism appear to be rare qualities.

Oh, and I love how so called news websites are now mostly data farms. You can read the article "for free" if you sign up. Thanks for that...

Please Read Me

Comment

Now THAT was good advice
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
        X