This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowledge

Wikipedia is now asking for donations, even just $3 or $5 or $10. I think it's worth considering. Just an fyi, a heads-up at this season. (I'm not affiliated with it; I just access it almost daily.)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

I donated. I too, use wikipedia quite a lot. I do believe is helping support products and/or services that I find of value and use, to the extent that I can. As he states, if everyone just donated the minimum $3.00....
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I donate every year. I use it that much.
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Me too! A low cost, high return investment.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
          I donate every year. I use it that much.
          Yes, that's me too.

Regards, John Little
          Regards, John Little

Comment

I donated $10. I think it's a worthy cause, but financially I'm pretty strapped right now. I figure a little is better than nothing.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I think your $10 is generous, DoYouKubuntu. They said they'd be set if everyone gave $3. (I gave just $6 for now). Then there's everyone else--GParted, Rod Smith, and your own list of personal favorites ... AND there's HERE at Kubuntu forums!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I usually donate but we are thousands in the hole for what the insurance didn't pay for.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I donated $10 each of the last two years. I wish I could afford to support other worthy projects as well.
                  Linux User #454271

Comment

I donate every year. I buy software and/or donate to other worthy projects like ASUS-WRT by Merlin. I figure my OS and 90%+ of my software is totally free so $10-20 here or there and I'm still saving money by the truckload.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      I usually donate but we are thousands in the hole for what the insurance didn't pay for.
                      I feel your pain.

Last year I had Medicare ONLY (no advantage or supplement plan), and they're great except for paying only 80% of medical bills, the other 20% was on me. It never occurred to me that I could end up spending six months hospitalized...the financial fallout is truly unbelievable. I am so grateful to my mother for leaving me the family home, which has never had a mortgage. If I had to pay for housing, I'd be sunk.
                      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                        I figure my OS and 90%+ of my software is totally free so $10-20 here or there and I'm still saving money by the truckload.
                        Yea more people really should know about this wholly-awesome open source voodoo magic freedom-loving stuff
                        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                        K*Digest Blog
                        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                          That's rough but as you know, gotta take care of you and yours first and foremost. By each their own ability, let them give accordingly. Also, do not ever discount your wisdom and information dissemination and friendship here on these very forums. That is also a source of giving, after all. And participation here can be viewed as rather priceless...
                          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                          K*Digest Blog
                          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X