This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWC My current office setup

I've had the external monitor for six years. Only re(re)alized that it is rotatable 90 degrees! And I network shared my Mac so I can access it from the laptop. Up until this very moment, I was emailing documents back and forth!! What a PITA. Now it's easy-peazy, lemon-squeezy.

My Setup

My wireless printer (Brother MFC-J4420DW) isn't in the picture, but sits to the right of the mouse pad (on my three-drawer filing cabinet).
    Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 15, 2022, 10:31 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

So neat and organized! Now ... Add some fossils, marbles, old coins, some antique items, Indian pottery, yellow tablets, Nambe ware, a little art work, and some wine, and you get ... (the backup PC is at the far lower right under the table holding up the 'new' box) 🤣
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Qqmike; Mar 15, 2022, 08:07 PM.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I'm currently using a 23.8" Dell monitor but I'm thinking of getting something larger and curved for X-Plane...
      Attached Files
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

I got new toys just a short bit ago today: a refurb monitor from Acer's store to kinda sorta match (but not quite) my Dell monitor , plus a dual monitor arm. "Gaming", but no RGB !??! (lol, I don't care) but it does 144hz refresh rate.

Attached Files
        Last edited by claydoh; Mar 17, 2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Sweet sure enough. Hate to show my area. It's a mess more then above.

Comment

MoonRise -- see how messy mine is? That is AFTER I straightened it up for a photo!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

claydoh's is pretty nice. There was a time when I wanted the RGB on a windowed PC case & etc. (I got a few such fans ...) But now that it is so mainstream and common, why bother? Even prices are more reasonable, especially with sales. Competition of the RGB's! There are some nice souped up boxes and setups, though.

Comment

Note I did not post a *before* pic . Attaching a monitor arm etc made for a perfect time to clean my desk. I am getting better with it, but it still gets away from me some times.
                  My older 24 inch monitor started to die, and the refurb 27" Acer was only $150. The Dell 27" was also 150 during the holiday season. The arm was 20 something dollars, nothing fancy. Can't complain.

Comment

I'm torn between a 27" monitor or a 31.5" one, the price difference is not that much but my bureau is not that big so the bigger monitor would really stand out.

What I really want to do though is get rid of everything except my Chromebook and move to Thailand! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                    Last edited by Beerislife; Mar 17, 2022, 08:30 PM.
                    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
                      What I really want to do though is get rid of everything except my Chromebook and move to Thailand!
                      But you'd settle for a 31.5" monitor and a beer, yeah?

Comment

I think I might have room for one more monitor...
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220319_155017759.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	661536

Please Read Me

Comment

oshunluvr Well, the wall behind those monitors is blank, so plenty of space for A LOT more monitors, or (here it comes) one GINORMOUS monitor; One Monitor to Rule the All!! (Do you hear Sauron in the background?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sauron.png
Views:	160
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	661544
                          Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 19, 2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X