This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWC Camden Brewery Marmite Ale

Do I want to try this? Do I? I love Marmite but...

I must get to Blighty... Maybe...

https://shop.camdentownbrewery.com/products/marmite

MARMITE BEER? YES REALLY.

There's beer yeast in Marmite, and there’s Marmite in this beer. Brewed with Perle hops, same as our classic Hells Lager, we added real Marmite along with toasted Pilsner and Munich malt for a smoky, bready balance. So whether you love it or hate it, it works just as well as marmite on toast. We'll toast to that.

Brewed with Marmite.

STYLE: Marmite Ale
    ABV: 4.8%
    HOPS: Perle
    MALT: Pilsner, Rauch, Munich
    YEAST: Ale Yeast
    ADDITIONS: Marmite
    Constant change is here to stay!

Can't help it. I'm a dyed in the wool IPA guy.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, I like a nice IPA too but some of them are a bit OTT. I'm not a fan of the New England Hazy IPAs...

Comment

I like a good Hazy IPA!

Comment

They were all the rage here... For a while. Some breweries still brew them now and then. Some are good and some are not my cup of tea. Well, it's easier to brew a 6% hazy IPA than it is to make a 4% English Bitter!

Comment

And for those daring enough to 'want to know' what this is: https://www.marmite.co.uk/journey.html

Comment

Brits traditional eat Marmite on toast but for me that's too much. I prefer it on crackers (not salty crackers) with a Marmite free beer.

Comment

I with Snowhog on this one! Although my local brewer make a couple really good alternatives to IPAs - Belgians and a few others.

Please Read Me

Comment

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                  On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Use to be IPA but over the years, dark beers have become my mainstay. Beer/Ale, all good really.

Comment

Can confirm I am a British Marmite on toast enjoyer. If you are ever in the UK, I can highly recommend this place https://shop.harveys.org.uk/

Comment

What does Marmite taste like?
                        Marmite has a very distinctive flavor. The taste is so unique as to defy description, but think of a yeasty, salty, soy sauce-esque flavor with the consistency of old engine oil. Some people really like eating it, and some people don't like eating it at all.
                        "consistency of old engine oil."

Comment

Sounds as disgusting as Vegemite

Please Read Me

Comment

All I can add to that is:

Comment

Only the 125 gramme jar is readily available here and it's not cheap. I usually bring back a large jar from Hong Kong (or Thailand?) I'm not sure if I've seen it in Taiwan, I should check the next chance I get. With Covid re-entry rules here easing slowly, I think my first port of call will either be London or Bangkok. If I go to Bangkok though I won't want to come back here anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X