This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down right balmy here on the first day of 2022

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

I moved away from the Midwest for 2 reasons: (1) The tornadoes, and (2) the cold-wet-cold-wet repeating pattern of weather! walking through 3 feet of snow ...
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I received a New Year email from an old friend who lives in Montana. Pretty much the same a Snowhog's temp reading.

We moved South 30 years ago, which presents its own challenges, but we get snow once every 6 - 8 years, and it's gone by noon
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

I miss the snow, actually. Well, not the shoveling of it of course, but the cold, calm, and quiet it used to bring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220101-114312.png
Views:	144
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	659359

At least it is not overly humid. This is definitely not the usual Savannah weather this time of the year, we are having a warm spell this week.

Comment

In NM it's a real treat when it snows. We look at it when it happens. (You can always drive up a nearby mountain to see snow, though.) And, it tends to melt quickly, so you gotta get out there. I make a snowman occasionally when we get enough snow (very, very rarely). I actually like shoveling snow (that comes from growing up in northern Illinois). So I get outside early and will shovel the 1-4" off the walks here, even some at the neighbors' houses, even though I know that by afternoon the snow will be cleanly melted off all the concrete walks.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I grew up in northern Illinois, about 20 miles inland from Lake Michigan. It was fun as a kid, snow, skating, snowball fights. Now, not so much.
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

jglen490: Sterling, then Galesburg.

Comment

Before I moved to Minnesota after I retired in 2015, I was in Alaska. Coldest I ever experienced while living there was a week long stretch of 50+ degrees BELOW zero. I have nothing to complain about here in Andover, MN.

Comment

I was born in Anchorage. Well, actually Elemendorf AFB, and eventually ended up in Maine for almost 30 years. It has taken me nearly a decade to begin to get used to the humidity and heat of southern Georgia.
                  By getting used to, I mean staying indoors and having an air conditioner running in the winter sometimes. lol.

Comment

Qqmike Long Lake, just west of Waukegan.

Comment

It's a whopping 1C here this morning! Parts of me are freezing and dropping off! I wish I were in Thailand!
                      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Was actually colder this morning, recording -17 degrees, and at nearly the same time. The difference so far is there is NO wind, so no wind chill. It's a Winter Wonderland outside.

Comment

It was over 70 all week here and 79 on New Years Day. Took my boat out 3 days in a row.

Please Read Me

Comment

It will be 83 here today, but the low will drop to the low 40s tomorrow, maybe high 30s early Tuesday morning. back to more normal-ish for the season.

Comment

We're having some climate change warming here in Lincoln as well. It will be below 10F at night for the rest of the week. The days will be in the balmy teens.
                              As an old Colorado boy I love the snow and cold. When it is hot I can take off only so much clothing. When it is cold, I can add layers till I feel comfortable.
                              But, being over 80 now, I spend all of my time in a thermostatically controlled apartment, which stays at 73F in the living room and 68F in the bedroom regardless of the outdoor temperature. A few decades ago, I would have set those temperatures at 68F and 63F, but my old body's thermostat doesn't work too well anymore.
                              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                              X