X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! KDE 25th Anniversary!

I accidentally found this today:

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Please Read Me

Congratulations KDE! https://kde.org/announcements/plasma/5/5.23.0/
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yea!
      I came to the party about a year or two later, in Sept of 1998. SuSE was featuring KDE 1.0 Beta in their 5.3 release that September. I switched to it and remained with SuSE until Novell bought it and messed it up with their Microsoft alliance. That alliance brought the end of Novell but being open source SuSE carried on. I didn't stay with it but I've stayed with the KDE DE since 1998 and have only played with other DE's on LiveUSB sticks. None were/are up to the power and ease of KDE Plasma.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It was the late 1990s sometime for me. I kept trying to get Ubuntu and Gnome to work but always had problems with accessing Windows drive and of course network. Knoppix always worked, but of course you can't install it. Then I found Mepis which was KDE 3.5 and haven't been swayed since.

Comment

My first go at KDE was in 2000, when it was at ~V1.4, and only 4 years old. Ubuntu was still 4 years away, and 5 for Kubuntu to be born.

Comment

Well my first Linux was Mandrake circa 1998/99 with KDE v1 which means 23 years using KDE/Plasma

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X