This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
    fwiw, also, I've had real good luck with your posts, too, Vinny :-) Sometimes I wonder how the hLL you figure some of this stuff out, or have it so handy at your fingertips.
    O stop ,,,,,,,,,,,, you have some of the best how-to's we have hear

But this thread is about Steve ,,,,,,,, a man who I am sure most of us would agree was a valuable and desirable asset to our community and who's words have been missed

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

about Steve ,,,,,,,, a man who I am sure most of us would agree was a valuable and desirable asset to our community and who's words have been missed
      Yeah, as indicated in one of my posts above, I miss his words right now, with a problem I haven't seen a solution to. Of course, I've been away 65.78% of this week and come home pooped, so that doesn't help. But Steve could probably hit the nail on the head in a few minutes.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        Yeah, as indicated in one of my posts above, I miss his words right now, with a problem I haven't seen a solution to.
        Yeah, the stub boot loader problem would have been right up Steve's alley I would think as he must have been one of the first to get into all the UEFI complexities way before most of us, especially me. I always found his posts so technically advanced and insightful.

I also find Vinny's posts very knowledgeable and helpful too. In fact I rarely need to post new threads on this forum when I have problems because a little searching usually finds relevant answers most of the time from all the luminaries here. Thanks to all!
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Yeah, the stub boot loader problem would have been right up Steve's alley.
          Yes. He did the stub booting in his Going Grubless thread but didn't show the details, instead linking to Kano's post elsewhere:
          https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post309652

Using three sites, and my own common sense ( ), I am so far unable to boot the -100 kernel using only my UEFI firmware. I must be missing a kernel option or something. (In the thread about rEFInd not booting.) I'm going to try to find more time to look at this (out of town yesterday, today looks screwy, too).
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X