This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what Steve has been up to...

For those who remember our admin in absentia here is an update on his activities
    Probably still blowing his horn, too!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Nice. Thanks for that post, GG. Was wondering about Steve. Hope he's kept up his Linux interests.

In fact, was thinking of him a lot today. Oh-oh ... I'd sure like to know if he included an initrd statement in his efibootmgr -c command following the -u parameter! (ref.: Going Grubless) I spent a lot of time on this today. Time permitting, I will try something like that tonight.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Nice. Thanks for that post, GG. Was wondering about Steve. Hope he's kept up his Linux interests.

In fact, was thinking of him a lot today. Oh-oh ... I'd sure like to know if he included an initrd statement in his efibootmgr -c command following the -u parameter! (ref.: Going Grubless) I spent a lot of time on this today. Time permitting, I will try something like that tonight.
      Steve is as close to a genius as any of us will ever see. I was amazed at how fast he became an expert in Linux at ALL levels. Since I have yet to own an EFI type computer, and probably never will if this one continues to work for me for a few more years, I know nothing about installing secure boot paradigms. In fact, I'm just a click-it guy now.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

What are you, his personal stalker?
        systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
        Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

NickStone says to GreyGeek: What are you, his personal stalker?
          No. That would be me. I'm socially isolated, don't get along with people, am seeking fame in secret ways. By PM, knowing GG has investigative skills, I put him up to this task, under the pretense of caring about our fellow Kubuntu-er, Steve. Fact is, it's all a lie. GG and I are both fronts for a third, even more secret and more socially isolated and maladjusted party. If you repeat any of this, I will deny everything.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Steve has been a tremendous asset here. His absences are noticed, and occasionally, raise some concern. The same would be true of any other participating member.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

yep
              woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by NickStone; Dec 08, 2016, 12:47 AM.
                systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
                Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                  Well your only two letters out
                  Have you been back long enough to make comments of this sort? Just curious...

BTW, you misspelled "you're."

Please Read Me

Comment

To the OP: Steve's been busy, but alive and well. We've emailed a couple times over the last year or so.

Please Read Me

Comment

AAaaaa Steve , we miss him ,,,,,,,,,his posts , as well as most of the previous posters @hear were/are always in the must read category(well mine anyway) for the useful information,,,,, and/or wit .
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                        Well your only two letters out
                        I'm going to let that 'slight' go.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                          AAaaaa Steve , we miss him ,,,,,,,,,his posts , as well as most of the previous posters @hear were/are always in the must read category(well mine anyway) for the useful information,,,,, and/or wit .
                          That we do ...
                          BTW, Vinny, your posts have achieved a "must read" category as well. I make it a point to read them.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                            That we do ...
                            BTW, Vinny, your posts have achieved a "must read" category as well. I make it a point to read them.
                            <blush> ,,,,,well maby ,,,sometimes ,,,,when they are legible

I know my post's are hard to understand a lot of the time ,,,,,,, I try , but I am dysgraphic dyslectic and have some weard form of spelling dyslexia that has kept me from ever getting above a 4th grade level .

on the other hand ,,,,I read on a collage level and have very high reading comprehension , my spatial recognition tests were off the chart a few years ago ,,,and when I was a teenager and falling in with the wrong crowed and dropping out of school they refused to let me go (although encouraging all my friends) because I had one of the top 10 IQ's in the school .

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and now hear I am ,,,,,,,,,, a 54 year old man trying to be a geek ,,,,,, and doing ,,,,,well OK I guess...for a self taught hobbyist ,,,,, well ok this forum and all of you have taught me a lot and shown me how to find the info I may need to do what I want

O ,,, and wile talking about teachers ,,, I must not forget one I consider my first linux teacher ,,,,,Marten Multima (do not know if I spelled it right and it was a on line name) who created the first distro I fell for "Ultima linux" a slackware derivative ... I still have the .ISO's of the live system (nostalgic)

VINNY
                            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                            16GB RAM
                            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

fwiw, also, I've had real good luck with your posts, too, Vinny :-) Sometimes I wonder how the hLL you figure some of this stuff out, or have it so handy at your fingertips.

Comment

Working...
                              X