This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to work Google data farming to your advantage... ;-]

A couple weeks ago I was looking into (i.e. googling) electric panels and main breakers. For the next two weeks every pop-up or banner ad I encountered was for the same 2 or 3 websites that sold similar items. I've always known that was the price of admission: free email, navigation, photo storage, etc., that google gives me in exchange for directed advertising. Ok, it get it.

Then, after two weeks looking at the same electric panel main breakers, I had a thought: What if I just searched for something more interesting to look at than electric breakers? So I immediately went on-line shopping for a new bikini for my wife.

It worked.

Now, for some reason, the banner ads are much more pleasant to look at!

Please Read Me

Funny guy!
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ok, tell us what shows on your wife's computer when she browses?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Ok, tell us what shows on your wife's computer when she browses?
          What you'd expect: she shops for clothes, books, and decorator items. However, now that I have discovered this "tip" it will be interesting to see if her ads change!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            What you'd expect: she shops for clothes, books, and decorator items. However, now that I have discovered this "tip" it will be interesting to see if her ads change!
            Knowing the male ego, if a guy saw a bunch of ads on his wife's computer which were mainly hunky men in bikini shorts that revealed prominent bulges ... would they feel ... ?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Knowing the male ego, if a guy saw a bunch of ads on his wife's computer which were mainly hunky men in bikini shorts that revealed prominent bulges ... would they feel ... ?
              In my opinion, what's good for the gander...

Besides, just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't read the menu

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X