This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mparillo View Post
    The main menu item (File, Edit, etc.) is highlighted, but not the sub-menu item.
    I was having trouble with Libreoffice, so I removed libreoffice-kde and all is well. All my menu and sub-menu items are highlighted.Click image for larger version

Name:	Libreoffice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	642811

Comment

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/04/03...el.html#t13:28

mparillo It looks as if this: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...829#post369829 is a bug against libreoffice-kde. I could not find a separate component for libreoffice-kde on laumchpad to file a bug there. Is there a better place than simply libreoffice on Launchpad?
      Riddell mparillo: launchpad is big and monolithic so it's just libreoffice in launchpad
      Riddell mparillo: but that's a bug with the qt4 themeing which is a) upstream and b) unmaintained
      Riddell so I think it's best to just say "sorry that's not going to change until someone does the qt5 themeing"
      mparillo So no point in filing a bug? Mind if I quote you on the KFN thread?
      Riddell go ahead

Comment

Originally posted by mparillo View Post
        http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/04/03...el.html#t13:28

mparillo It looks as if this: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...829#post369829 is a bug against libreoffice-kde. I could not find a separate component for libreoffice-kde on laumchpad to file a bug there. Is there a better place than simply libreoffice on Launchpad?
        Riddell mparillo: launchpad is big and monolithic so it's just libreoffice in launchpad
        Riddell mparillo: but that's a bug with the qt4 themeing which is a) upstream and b) unmaintained
        Riddell so I think it's best to just say "sorry that's not going to change until someone does the qt5 themeing"
        mparillo So no point in filing a bug? Mind if I quote you on the KFN thread?
        Riddell go ahead
        I would not be too hard on Riddell as I think that the package libreoffice-kde is not one he is responsible for. At the moment I feel certain that he is very busy getting Vivid ready for its release in about 3 weeks time and there are a lot of bugs to get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
          My problems were with a resized Analogue Clock. I have just tried a couple of other Widgets and resizing them. In all the other ones I tried, they are either next to impossigle to resize, eg Calendar, or they resize and the enclosing box correctly follows.

I would therefore like to see you use a resized Analogue Clock in your example. I still get a rectangular box surrounding the clock and when I got up this morning and went to move the clock, the width of the rectangle had approximately doubled!
          Here ya go:

I noticed that in resizing the clock (or any widget), you can drag the "container" sideways, or up and down, and get a bigger box, which is needed sometimes: the shiny new weather widget, for example, will only show current conditions until I drag it taller. I didn't think to show this until after I recorded. Hopefully you can see this in the video.

Maybe one day I'll add sound, but I hate my voice

Comment

I certainly appreciate the video demo that you did. Always remember that silence is golden. I must say that I would be interested to hear your voice as you are a YouTube contributor.

I have just finished trying several options with the Clock. I have not checked to see if the same behaviour occurs with other widgets.

When I set the widget size and location, I find that when I reboot the surrounding box increases in width even though I had it approximately square before rebooting. If I place the clock so that the widget control panel is on or over the right edge of the screen, it gets relocated across the screen on reboot. This is illustrated in the attached images where I have positioned the clock on the extreme right side and then on reboot it gets relocated to the left side of the screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clock2.jpg
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	642813Click image for larger version

Name:	Clock3.jpg
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	642814

Wonders will never cease.

I somehow doubt that the number of Widgets and their idiosyncrasies will be resolved by the imminent release date and I therefore doubt that I will be installing this distribution on my main computer. It will stay on my USB 3.0 Flash memory stick connected to my laptop and I will keep tabs on progress and report problems as I find them.

Comment

Just a question. Back in KDE 4.14.x, I could use
              Code:
              kquitapp plasma-desktop && plasma-desktop
              to, say, restart the desktop (usefull after changing themes and some other stuff) without rebooting the computer, logging off, etc. Plasma-desktop would keep running after closing the terminal after that. Now, if I close the terminal after
              Code:
               kquitapp plasmashell && plasmashell
              , plasmashell is killed. Is this behaviour the default for KDE Plasma 5? The former behaviour seemed better to me.

Edit: Killing the process also kills plasmashell while in KDE 4.14.x plasma-desktop would keep running.
              Last edited by geoaraujo; Apr 06, 2015, 05:45 AM.

Comment

kquitapp5 plasmashell

Comment

Working...
                X