X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using simplescreenrecorder,

http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

He has a ppa for it, quite nice and easy to use, plus it actually works:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      I'm using simplescreenrecorder,

http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

He has a ppa for it, quite nice and easy to use, plus it actually works:cool:
      Thanks very much. It works like a dream and I am so grateful for you letting me know about it.

This morning when I restarted my Laptop and installed all the updates, the rectangle around the analogue clock was rectangular for all Desktop Themes. Attached is the image from using Air

Click image for larger version

Name:	Air_Clock.png
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	642791

Comment

Further to the rectangular box issue. I have found that if I have a large clock, the enclosing box that limits movement is acceptable, ie the aspect ratio is approaching a square. As I reduce the size of the clock the surrounding box becomes more rectangular.

I prefer to have a smaller size clock than the default size. I do this so that it does not dominate the desktop but provides a quick visual reminder of the time. I have deleted the digital clock on the System Tray to provide more room for the Task Manager. In the future I plan to add extra widgets such as lunar and yawp when they become available.

Comment

About WIFI not getting on line by itself, I assume it's the same issue that has been around for a couple of years now, you need to tick the box that allows 'All users' to connect to a particular network.

Comment

I've changed the icons to how it was on KDE 4.14.x by copying some files located at /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/software to /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/toolbar (and replacing the ones that were there).

Currently I'm using Breeze, since it seems that last updates have broken Breeze-Dark.

Name:	panel2.png
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	642807

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo View Post
              I've changed the icons to how it was on KDE 4.14.x by copying some files located at /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/software to /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/toolbar (and replacing the ones that were there).

Currently I'm using Breeze, since it seems that last updates have broken Breeze-Dark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5917[/ATTACH]
              Thanks for that, it certainly improves the location. However, I would not say that it is the same as for KDE 4.14 as the widget control does not switch sides when the widget approaches the screen edge.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
                Thanks for that, it certainly improves the location. However, I would not say that it is the same as for KDE 4.14 as the widget control does not switch sides when the widget approaches the screen edge.
                it does not need to, as seen in this video

Plasma themes have a border, it seems, and in Breeze this is transparent. Other themes will have less or none.

Comment

Also, apt-get wants to remove the following packages
                  Code:
                  fcitx fcitx-bin fcitx-data fcitx-frontend-all fcitx-frontend-gtk2 fcitx-frontend-gtk3 fcitx-frontend-qt4
                    fcitx-frontend-qt5 fcitx-module-dbus fcitx-module-kimpanel fcitx-module-lua fcitx-module-x11 fcitx-modules
                    fcitx-ui-classic kde-config-fcitx libconfig9 libevent-2.0-5 libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
                    libfcitx-config4 libfcitx-core0 libfcitx-gclient0 libfcitx-qt0 libfcitx-qt5-1 libfcitx-utils0
                    libpresage-data libpresage1 presage
                  Is that ok?

And any of you using Breeze-dark are experience issues? As I've said, I'm using Breeze now because my panel suddenly changed from a perfect looking style when using dark variant of Breeze theme to this: Click image for larger version

Name:	panel3.png
Size:	937 Bytes
ID:	642808

Comment

And any of you using Breeze-dark are experience issues? As I've said, I'm using Breeze now because my panel suddenly changed from a perfect looking style when using dark variant of Breeze theme to this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]5918[/ATTACH]
                    I use Breeze Dark. The only problem I've had with it is the panel. It's fine with Blur on; without Blur it is unreadable.

Comment

So, it seems that the problem was this bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=342934

After changing to OpenGL 3.1 (GLX) I had my Breeze-Dark panel back. But I had to resize the panel to get the make the icons a bit smaller.

Comment

Also, apt-get wants to remove the following packages
                        Code:
                        fcitx fcitx-bin fcitx-data fcitx-frontend-all fcitx-frontend-gtk2 fcitx-frontend-gtk3 fcitx-frontend-qt4
                          fcitx-frontend-qt5 fcitx-module-dbus fcitx-module-kimpanel fcitx-module-lua fcitx-module-x11 fcitx-modules
                          fcitx-ui-classic kde-config-fcitx libconfig9 libevent-2.0-5 libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
                          libfcitx-config4 libfcitx-core0 libfcitx-gclient0 libfcitx-qt0 libfcitx-qt5-1 libfcitx-utils0
                          libpresage-data libpresage1 presage
                        Is that ok?
                        Yes, I think those are for switching keyboard input to Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc. Kubuntu just switched to a different system for this (fcitx), and these are probably not required in a default setup.

Comment

Thanks for the info, removed. Also, at some point, LibreOffice has just stopped highlighting menus. Is just my system or is this affecting you guys as well?

Comment

Thanks for the info, removed. Also, at some point, LibreOffice has just stopped highlighting menus. Is just my system or is this affecting you guys as well?
                            The main menu item (File, Edit, etc.) is highlighted, but not the sub-menu item.

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	642810

Comment

Yep, same here...

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                                it does not need to, as seen in this video
                                Plasma themes have a border, it seems, and in Breeze this is transparent. Other themes will have less or none.
                                My problems were with a resized Analogue Clock. I have just tried a couple of other Widgets and resizing them. In all the other ones I tried, they are either next to impossigle to resize, eg Calendar, or they resize and the enclosing box correctly follows.

I would therefore like to see you use a resized Analogue Clock in your example. I still get a rectangular box surrounding the clock and when I got up this morning and went to move the clock, the width of the rectangle had approximately doubled!

Comment

Working...
                                X