Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So oshunluvr is like a real dude and stuff.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So oshunluvr is like a real dude and stuff.

Not just a collection of random bits and pixels but a real oxygen-breathing, carbon-based life form. He was in Seattle this past week and we had a very nice dinner on Tuesday. Went rather late into the evening and we talked about a variety of things -- our familes, work, and yes, a number of you fine folk here

It got me to wondering about some kind of IRL (in real life) Kubuntu Forums meetup. Something to noodle over for a while...

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

It got me to wondering about some kind of IRL (in real life) Kubuntu Forums meetup. Something to noodle over for a while...
    A very good idea and Manly, where i live, is very nice this time of year and we have some good bars and restaurants. One Japanese restaurant, in particular, springs to mind. Not to mention exellent surf beaches. I can even put some of you up as well.
    sigpic

Comment

I can positively confirm the Steve Riley is also a flesh-and-blood creature. It was very cool to share cocktails and a fine meal over non-digital chit-chat.

As much as I'd like to go to Sydney, that's likely out of reach for many of us here in the States! How about simultaneous user meetups with live camera/audio connections between the groups? Not quite the same as a real face-to-face though.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hey, Lincoln, NE is "almost" at the geographical center of the continental United States!
        Famous Dave's Barbecue is AWESOME!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Hey, Lincoln, NE is "almost" at the geographical center of the continental United States!
          That actually entered our minds.

Comment

I wish "the pond" was a little smaller!

It would be nice to make a visual map of where everyone lives, can anyone think of an easy way to do this? We could probably put loads of pins on an open street map quite easily, but that requires one person to input the data. Is there anything that could integrate into VBulletin and use the information on our profiles?
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

OMG ....... you mean all you all are REAL people .

it would be neat to meet ,,,,,,,,,,but the when and where would be tough.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

EKKKTUALLY...............since I've been doing computer security stuff back to "Castle Cops" days...........yes.............the intenet entity known as SR........ is indeed........ a real guy...... although he may not so acknowledge it. lol

woodWAAAYTOOOLD..smoke

BTW I'm probably going to rent a condo in Key Largo for June and July of 15 if anyone wants to contact me.......or not.
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                  I wish "the pond" was a little smaller!

It would be nice to make a visual map of where everyone lives, can anyone think of an easy way to do this? We could probably put loads of pins on an open street map quite easily, but that requires one person to input the data. Is there anything that could integrate into VBulletin and use the information on our profiles?
                  There are several mapping sites where we could do this. I think it's a good idea.

Is there a map add-on for the forum software?

Please Read Me

Comment

... with the option to opt-out, opt-in w/name, etc. May be a privacy issue with some ...
                    It would be nice to see more photos of members, but again, some may have a privacy issue with permanently posted personal photos.
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Yeah, totally optional. I was thinking just setting up such a map and maybe having a link to it on your personal settings page. You could pin yourself - or not.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                        That actually entered our minds.
                        Hey Steve, if you or anyone else from this Forum for that matter, by any chance, happens to pass thruogh Lincoln, please let us konw. I personally, would love to meet with you and could be your host. I am sure GreyGeek feels the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                          Famous Dave's Barbecue is AWESOME!
                          I have been thinking perhaps we could meet for a chat and get to know eachother since we both live here in Lincoln. My PM is open if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                            Yeah, totally optional. I was thinking just setting up such a map and maybe having a link to it on your personal settings page. You could pin yourself - or not.
                            Yeah, something that could stay on KFN would be ideal, because it would mean an admins retain control, no need to get a 3rd party involved.

For many people the information is already there on your profile, it would be great if there's a VBulletin plugin because it increases the chance of it all being linked... so for example if you change your profile settings it updates (or removes the pin) on the map.
                            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Just ask the NSA. They probably already have everything we need in their DB, including google map coordinates, person and house photos, voice prints, retina scans, digital device IDs, passwords, etc....

Actually, how about OpenStreetMap? You can search for JLKreps to find my location.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=4...3780/-96.66650
                              Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 28, 2014, 08:22 PM.
                              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                              X