Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux is to gain a new fully featured stand-alone email program...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    All the others you listed are GTK.
    Correct, of course, but I thought they were still worth mentioning if pondering alternatives to Thunderbird (which isn't a Qt app either)

Comment

Why look for a KMail alternative? It's great! Like the rest of KDE, you can configure KMail out the wazoo. That's a huge benefit. I basically live in email, and yes, I'm aware that makes me a dinosaur now, chompin' my paleobits. Therefore, a highly flexible client matters. During my brief foray into GNOME a few weeks ago, I gave Evolution a whirl. Yuck. Icons the size of manhole covers, limited view flexibility, and no way to fine tune the message list pane. KMail rawks.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Why look for a KMail alternative?
        Because I've tried it 3 times, most recently just about a month ago. Two days in, everything was going great, then endless spinning waiting for folders to open or refresh because some Akonadi process (if I remember correctly) was stuck. Close it, re-open it, work for a while, spin. No solution after a fair amount of searching. It obviously works for a lot of people, but never has for me. With my client contact being 99.8% email, I quickly lose patience and fire up Tbird.

Comment

I had a similar experience lately but I think it's the evil trilogy, not kmail.

Please Read Me

Comment

Ok most folk can probably stop reading here....but....

I, personally, have moved to almost 90 percent of my "interaction with OTHER PEOPLE"..... through my Android Verizon Cell Phone...

If...Opera would have ....

enough LARGENESS OF VISION.....to actually DO THIS.......

so that there could really BE A CROSS PHYSICAL HARDWARE...(cross platform)......e-mail client.....

AHEM......................CRASSSSSSS

FINANCIAL POST.....

Ummmmmm most "third party" dinguses on Android have the DREADED

DETESTED

ADVERTSING at the bottom of the cell phone....

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/...-s-AdMob-2.jpg

If "WE" could actually have ONE...

ONE....

ONE....

cross hardware e-mail program...

I think that all of those crass kids and adults etc..... would use that program...

and "put up with".... the advertising at the bottom of the physical screen on the cell phone...

I....personally HAVE NEVER......

although... I MIGHT.... I have never actually clicked one of the advertisings...

but...

it MIGHT BE...

THAT TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE....

using...

THE..............ONLY.........CROSS PHYSICAL DEVICE..."platform"........

might have enough of them clicking the advertising...to

FINANCE THE APPLICATION

....and

LINUX...

gets a cross physical device application

for those WHO NEED IT....

the rest of the people who do not need to interact across MANY PHYSICAL devices can rely on "the old standards"...

just my thoughts...

of little worth

woodVERYMUCHCROSSPHYSICAL(platform)DEVICEsmoke
            Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 02, 2013, 12:13 AM.
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Why look for a KMail alternative?
              I use 6 imap accounts for which a like a unified inbox view as in Tbird. I tried this in Kmail through stored search, but can't get this to work because the search doesn't get updated, manual nor automatically. Everything else I want to do, I can in Kmail. I would love to use it, however a unified view is essential because of the complex dir structures in the imap accounts, maintained by filters. It works on my phone (Kaiten mail), it works in Tbird, it should work in Kmail. (It could be me though )
              You're making progress, if each mistake is a new one

Comment

I'm a long time and happy Thunderbird user and after the favourable messages in this thread I've again installed Kmail.

The import function for the address book is refusing to import the firstname lastname format, only the last name shows up.

When in Thunderbird I can type the first letter(s) of an address and the rest is auto-suggested, nothing such in Kmail.

Initially there was a great spoiler, the import function does not work at all for the nested folders with my 16 years of mails.
                But a second attempt via File/ Import Messages did allow me to specify the individual folders to import and where to put them.

The import function for IMAP is also rather sparse explaining what it does and what it needs.

Mails are displayed in a very attractive way and font.
                Now I'll use it a little and see how things like the search function compare to the excellent Thunderbird one.
                I'd like to go KDE as much as possible but the import function can use some love and attention.

Comment

BUT WILL IT INTEGRATE WITH THE BELOVED WINDOWS !!!!?

If it will not integrqate with windows then I am outa here!!!

fee#d me!!!

little sHOP of....horRRORS!!!! I WANT MY MAIL!!!!!

sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X