Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, the news items have led me to take more notice of what I use or intend on using in the future. I've used Kubuntu from the start but will consider moving to something else if affected by Ubuntu's "interesting" new changes...

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
      Although Canonical may be retarted when it comes to community relations; they do know how to produce repeatedly one of the best distro bases on the planet and they won't stop anytime soon.
      I'd rather say that ubuntu is a good distro base despite Canonical, not because of it (not IMO technically the best, but there's more to a good distro than technical excellence).

I don't have Muon installed, but I agree that a good and versatile GUI package manager is a necessity in a good desktop distro and Muon seems to fit that description very well...and is actively developed so it should only get better (and luckily it's not a Canonical project ).

Oh...and OBS seems like an example of a build service done right.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
        I'd rather say that ubuntu is a good distro base despite Canonical, not because of it (not IMO technically the best, but there's more to a good distro than technical excellence).

I don't have Muon installed, but I agree that a good and versatile GUI package manager is a necessity in a good desktop distro and Muon seems to fit that description very well...and is actively developed so it should only get better (and luckily it's not a Canonical project ).

Oh...and OBS seems like an example of a build service done right.
        Kubuntu needs to keep delivering the best .deb KDE distro and I'll be happy. Did you see: http://blog.tenstral.net/2013/03/tanglu.html It came up on planetkde.org a few days back. Looks like maybe a good distro to forge strong working relations with...

Comment

Working...
        X