This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humble Indie Games Bundle 6

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed, the latest Humble Bundle is out, with five indie games on offer (six if you pay more than the average payment, which currently stands at $5.82) on a pay-what-you-like basis.

Games in the bundle: Dustforce, Rochard, Shatter, S.P.A.Z., Torchlight and Vessel. All are DRM-free and available for Windows, OS X and Linux (Vessel's Linux and OS X versions are works in progress, but will be made available to bundle purchasers once they're done).

Just ten days remaining before the bundle is no longer available, as of the date / time of this post!

http://www.humblebundle.com/
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Thanks, I almost forgot; it's fun to look at the OS averages too- $5.19 for Windows, 6.98 for Mac & 9.98 for Linux!
    I justt went with $15
    Last edited by jpenguin; Sep 25, 2012, 05:42 PM.
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Purchased! Thanks for telling us about this. I had never heard of this and I was just looking for new games. Gave $25...pretty good deal for 6 games and a charity donation. And Im always happy to support Linux gaming!

Comment

I've only played Torchlight so far out of the games in the bundle, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it... that is, when my 10 year old son isn't hogging all the game time

It's a little bit buggy (not entirely unexpected, with it being a game newly ported to Linux), but I noticed on the Humble Bundle 6 download page that there is already a newer version available than the one I downloaded only a few days ago. Regular updates from a developer determined to quash bugs is something I like very much!
        sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

There was a serious bug in their first issue of Torchlight, meaning you couldn't get past level 3, making the game unplayable. They rushed out a fix really fast and so far it's working great. Rochard is a really nice game too, beautiful graphics and some interesting puzzle and a good and funny storyline. I tried Dustforce but it's really not my type of game, though people rave about the soundtrack. Any news on Vessel being available?

Comment

Originally posted by sealbhach View Post
            Rochard is a really nice game too, beautiful graphics and some interesting puzzle and a good and funny storyline.
            I haven't even got around to downloading Rochard yet, but I noticed that it's a .tar.gz file. How easy / difficult was it to install? If it was anything other than ridiculously simple to install, would you mind posting what steps you took to install it?
            sigpic
            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
              I haven't even got around to downloading Rochard yet, but I noticed that it's a .tar.gz file. How easy / difficult was it to install? If it was anything other than ridiculously simple to install, would you mind posting what steps you took to install it?
              Im downloading that one now. Im guessing its just going to be a self compile type deal...Ill let you know in about ten minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                Im downloading that one now. Im guessing its just going to be a self compile type deal...Ill let you know in about ten minutes!
                As it's way past my bedtime already, I think I'll hit the hay and look forward to reading how you got on with it in the morning
                sigpic
                -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

I bought them all.

My grandsons are going to have another blast!
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
                    As it's way past my bedtime already, I think I'll hit the hay and look forward to reading how you got on with it in the morning
                    Doesnt actually require installation. After you extract the .tar.gz file, you get a data folder and a .app file. Simply clicking on the .app file starts the game up. Couldnt be easier!

Comment

I really want to play Torchlight, but its pretty buggy still. It took me an hour of messing around with to get the resolution right and now none of the players have faces. Might wait on this one....

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                        I really want to play Torchlight, but its pretty buggy still. It took me an hour of messing around with to get the resolution right and now none of the players have faces. Might wait on this one....
                        Yeah, I'm experiencing that bug too. According to the HIB6 FAQ, the devs are aware of the issue and a fix is in the works. Interestingly, the invisible face problem only seems to occur if the character is wearing a helmet.

Also, glad to hear that Rochard is so easy to set up, thanks for letting me know
                        sigpic
                        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Ive spent the last few hours playing Rochard...nice game. The graphics are good, the concept is interesting and so far the story is good. I havent played a platform game in years! Its great!

Comment

Just checked the Humble Bundle 6 page again today, and they've added four extra games for those who paid more than the average amount!

Bit Trip Runner... Gratuitous Space Battles... Jamestown... Wizorb.

So, those who have already bought the bundle for more than the average price: go visit your download link again
                            sigpic
                            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

+1 Purchased

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                              X