This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Today unchanged going on 4 days!

I dropped by LT this afternoon and noticed that its story leads haven't changed in almost four days. This is uncharacteristic of that web site. Normally the website updates its stories every 30 minutes or so.

Anyone know what is going on?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Linux Today unchanged going on 4 days!

Did you notice the top article:

Display your commitment to software quality with the Windows 7 logo. Customers look for products with the Windows 7 logo because they're recognized as high-quality and more reliable. Click here to learn more

Why would LT be promoting Windows 7?! By chance, did a hacker get into the site and insert code to disable site updates?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Display your commitment to software quality with the Windows 7 logo. Customers look for products with the Windows 7 logo because they're recognized as high-quality and more reliable. Click here to learn more
      I don't see that text at all. Werid
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Ya, I saw that MS ad:
        MICROSOFT TECHNET SUBSCRIPTION SHOWCASE
        Get Your Microsoft TechNet Subscription Professional!
        From now until June 30, 2011, receive an additional 3 months of service on a new 12 month subscription! Use Promo Code: TN3MNA13
        Business Productivity Online Standard Suite 30 Day Trial: Check out the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite in action learn how Microsoft Online Services can add value to your organization!
        Did Carla quit? I did a brief search and there is nothing about the LT stagnation.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It's just below the login area.
          Attached Files

Comment

The URL associated with that advertisement is:

http://o1.qnsr.com/

It is an advertising network. Linux Today includes a script on their page to display rotating advertisements from the advertising network. The advertising network doesn't know or care that Linux Today is aimed at Linux users, only that the subject of the site is something like "computer operating systems and technology".

Linux Today isn't advertising Microsoft. They are just accepting ad revenues from an advertising network in return for inserting the script for rotating ads on their page.

Hope I explained that well enough.

Edit
            If you don't want to see such ads then I suggest installing NoScript in your Firefox browser. I run NoScript and I had to specifically whitelist the advertisement script in order to see the text at all.
            Welcome newbies!
            Verify the ISO
            Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Speaking of ads.. off topic but I just saw an ad for Rackspace cloud servers: contracts for linux at 1.5cents an hour or windows servers at 8cents an hour! 533.33% more for winserver!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
                533.33% more for winserver!
                Well, everyone knows, that Windows based systems break more often and require more tech support!

Comment

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...e-dead-870100/
                  Welcome newbies!
                  Verify the ISO
                  Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Hmmmm hadn't really noticed that. That is and add link by the way but I'm still curious as to why they aren't updating.

EDIT: yes got it this time around after several refreshes but the articles still haven't changed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X