your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
    My latest desktop. The background is of Farnley fishpond in Leeds.
    I wonder if someone has archived all the old custom third party KDE 3 themes, colors, etc.

Comment

Man seeing Trinity Desktop sure is a trip!
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
        My current setup:
        FWIW I gave you a like and a follow. Cool video!
        Last edited by dequire; Aug 01, 2020, 06:01 PM.
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I actually used that Windows Deco on KDE3. After seeing it here, i miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
            I actually used that Windows Deco on KDE3. After seeing it here, i miss it.
            Yea I might have to throw Trinity on an old PC or in a VIM to check it out. It's been a while! - And apparently they just had a release recently.

How have you been, Moon? It's been a while.
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
              The background is of Farnley fish-pond in Leeds.
              Marvellous, I really like this kind of background.
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Don't know about the third party themes but TDE has all the KDE3 themes.
                systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
                Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post

How have you been, Moon? It's been a while.
                  Sorry for late reply.

Thanks! Doing well. I try to be around but with work the way it has been it has been very busy. When I get home, just too tired to even look at another PC screen. Which few may know, ITS is my job. Weekends, have to tend to family items. Not enough hours in the day any more.

Comment

Well, received a laptop in poor shape and repaired it some. Nice play device. Not much Hardrive space but oh well.

Decided to try to retro modernize based on a distribution no longer around. Icon set is Buuf but thought it worked well here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Desktop 1_0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	645069

Comment

Very cool looking, Moon! What will the computer be used for?
                      K*Digest Blog
                      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

probably just mostly rat work. I had a time getting this system up and going as it wasn't taken well care of. Seems to some weird going ons with the MB. Intermittent errors produced. I just wanted to see if I could get it going again. Just having fun. Yes, fun. I know that seems odd repairing and refurbishing is fun but it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                          Well, received a laptop in poor shape and repaired it some. Nice play device. Not much Hardrive space but oh well.

Decided to try to retro modernize based on a distribution no longer around. Icon set is Buuf but thought it worked well here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9328[/ATTACH]
                          SWEET!
                          I love those icons! That's what I miss from KDE 3.x
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Taxiing for takeoff at Nakhon Nayok Thanawana. Started using X-Plane screenshots as wallpapers...
                            Attached Files
                            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Nice!
                              X-Plane is a great app but lacks "seat of the pants" reality. I had a pilot license (single engine, land) and flew for business purposes. Flying as PIC gives one a sense of freedom that cannot be experienced by any other means. Being able to defy gravity and move in any of three dimensions at will is an awesome feeling. My oldest grandson purchased MS's Flight Sim and also had a yoke and foot peddles attached to his desktop tower (this was 10-15 years ago). It misses the sounds (rush of the air passed the fuselage, the vibration of the engine and airframe, and the feeling in the seat of your pants when you input controls to the yoke, peddles and throttle. My grandson's setup didn't mimic those feelings. Flight Safety has a 3D sim in Wichita KS, that rides on hydrolics, which shakes the cabin around and mimics flight sensations. Looking through the front windows one cand see the night lights of Wichata in sharp detail. It really creates an almost 100% realistic flight environment. Flying at night at 10,000 feet is like being in space. I miss flying.
                              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

One regret is never learning to fly. Cost was prohibitive for me in my home country and it would probably be much worse where I am now. X-Plane is as near as I can get and it has served me well since the pandemic started!

I can't wait till this is all over and I can jump on a plane and fly somewhere nice! (Taipei, Hong Kong and Thailand) I still have a British Airways coupon for a cancelled flight last year which I might use to fly down to Osaka for a day return or overnight trip now the weather is improving!

This particular Spitfire Mk.1 Reg P9444 is on display at the Science Museum in London.
                                Attached Files
                                Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
                                X