No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a screenshot of my latest trial system: Manjaro KDE Stable. It's just been updated to the latest Plasma 5.14.1---

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181022_134951.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	644032

I'm really liking the rolling-release concept so far! Two major updates and a few minor ones without issues. I'm still using Ext4 but taking daily snapshots via TimeShift just in case something really screws the system up (or I just don't like the update of something).
    Last edited by Rod J; Oct 21, 2018, 07:24 PM.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Plain and simple...

Name:	Screenshot_20181022_155349.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	644033
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Nostalgia!!

Name:	Desktop 1_240.jpg
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	644048

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
          Here's a screenshot of my latest trial system: Manjaro KDE Stable. It's just been updated to the latest Plasma 5.14.1---
          How is Manjaro?

I have switched from kubuntu 18.04 to KDE neon to have a more up-to-date KDE for the better global menu support with GTK applications, even though the integration is better it is not 100%. Definitely enjoying the latest KDE! Although, I have been wondering what life would be like with a system with the latest everything. Does the package management differ considerably from ubuntu?

Current screenshot:

Name:	Screenshot_20181117-2a.png
Size:	668.0 KB
ID:	644062
          Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
          tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7603[/ATTACH]
            I would love to have this background if you are willing to share.
            Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
            tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by benny_fletch View Post
              I would love to have this background if you are willing to share.
              Technically I probably can't as it is someone else's art I cropped to make as a background.

However!! I can give you the link to it: https://www.deviantart.com/ronindude...aser-493614225

He has a lot of great pieces other than that one.

Comment

lol, yep!
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

yep it is

this was supposed to be a quick reply to Moonrise on Nostalgia

woodsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by benny_fletch View Post
                    How is Manjaro?

I have switched from kubuntu 18.04 to KDE neon to have a more up-to-date KDE for the better global menu support with GTK applications, even though the integration is better it is not 100%. Definitely enjoying the latest KDE! Although, I have been wondering what life would be like with a system with the latest everything. Does the package management differ considerably from ubuntu?
                    I'm finding Manjaro very good and pretty stable for a rolling release. I'm using the Stable version mind you, that's 'bleeding edge' enough for me! I've been getting tired of reinstalling Kubuntu every two years or so (I like to go from LTS to LTS usually). So, I thought I'd try a rolling release for a change. I've done several major updates and a few small ones since installing it a couple of months ago. The updates do come through thick and fast, but it's not overwhelming me so far. Only a couple of minor glitches which disappeared after a reboot or another minor update.

The pacman package manager is pretty cool and quite technical with a lot of feedback on what it's doing. Updating/upgrading everything is as simple as issuing 'sudo pacman -Syu' in the terminal. Here is a page which gives a comparison between different package managers: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

The AUR (Arch User Repository) is stuffed with just about everything you could want (that isn't in the standard repository). You use the AUR instead of having lots of PPA's for software that isn't in the standard repository.

Give Manjaro a try, it's a cool system and the forum is quite friendly too.

PS: I had to use Etcher to write the ISO to my flash drive as Unetbootin doesn't work with Manjaro ISO's correctly.
                    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
                    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                      yep it is

this was supposed to be a quick reply to Moonrise on Nostalgia

woodsmoke

Comment

KDE Neon

Comment

Originally posted by exploder View Post
                          KDE Neon

nice wallpaper

VINNY
                          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                          16GB RAM
                          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you! You can get the wallpaper here.

http://wall2born.com/the-best-4k-wal.../48318721.html

Comment

Nice indeed it is!

Comment

Made some small changes. I never imagined I would enjoy KDE so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X