I have connection issues every time I start my Kubuntu partition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have connection issues every time I start my Kubuntu partition

For the past couple of months, I've been experiencing the problem where sometimes, when I boot into my Kubuntu partition, I get the icon indicating that there is no connection. Usually, a simple computer restart resolves it, but today I've restarted it around 30 times, and it still hasn't worked. Do you have any ideas of what I could try? I'm new to Linux and not quite sure where to begin.

Not a network expert here. But I had a similar problem the guys helped me with, and the discussion will give you some basics and commands to look at:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...-no-connection

Of course, the more details/symptoms you can provide, the more targeted the help may be.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Check your dmesg and system logs immediately after this occurs and see if anything is logged re. network devices.

Please Read Me

Comment

Based on posts # 2 & 3, you've got something to start with.

Another shot-in-the-dark would be to re-boot your router-modem.
        You said you've tried restarting the computer. That's OK.
        But you might try 'clearing out' the modem by doing a re-boot of the modem.

(re-boot the modem: pull the electrical power plug on it, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. The power line starts at an electrical outlet and ends in one of the ports on the back of your modem -- unplug either end of that power cord. In fact, that's good practice, anyway, maybe once a week or so.)
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X