Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mic not working in Logitech Brio 4k webcam.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both. I tried to get it working in a browser-based Zoom session in Firefox yesterday afternoon. Then, a bit later, at the behest of a friend who has regular access to Zoom, I downloaded the app then joined a Zoom session he iniated in my app and had the same problem. I was hoping you could help since you have the same webcam software as I do, guvcview.

Comment

First, make sure that guvcview is not running when trying to Zoom. Any application using the webcam kind of owns it 100%. (Or seems to, from my experience.)

Comment

Grab a screenshot of what you see in your settings.

I loaded Zoom, logged in and started a meeting. (A test meeting is fine here)

In a conference window, look here:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	674652

Make sure that video is not toggled off, like it is here, then click the little arrow seen on the middle image. Then, see if there is a camera shown . My convertible Chromebook used here has two cameras.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	674653 Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	674655 Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	674657
        In the main app settings, you can check things as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	71
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	674654 Click image for larger version  Name:	6.png Views:	0 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	674659

You can also get to the video settings area in the last image from the menu item as seen in image #4

What are you seeing?

Comment

Thanks. I'll check this today. I think your first statement/post, above, explains my problem; I did have guvcview running. But I'm really glad for all the instruction for how to work it all.

Comment

Thank you for all this important help. I'll study it shortly because I need to know it. In the mean time, I've learned that my problem was that I had the webcam controls app up; that occupied the camera, leaving it unavailable for Zoom to use. Once it was closed, Zoom's camera utility saw & used my webcam. It works. Thanks again.
            Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 24, 2023, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I've learned what you've shown, Claydoh, and will check out all of this in my next Zoom call.

Comment

Working...
              X