Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little confused by this PPA for my AMD card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
    Did you read the general kernel changelogs from 5.15 up to 5.19 and found something that you need or that is much improved for your hardware or your tasks?
    Well I already have kernel 5.19 installed already and when I boot into it I have audio issues with my HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
      audio issues with my HDMI
      Known bug after a security patch (IIRC), fix is being tested (it is working here), but no eta on when it goes public.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

Known bug after a security patch (IIRC), fix is being tested (it is working here), but no eta on when it goes public.
        I got the 5.19.0-42 update about a week ago and it fixed the HDMI audio issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post

Yeah its strange the live Kubuntu 22.04 USB that I made a short while ago has Kernel 5.19 on it and the HDMI audio works just fine on that.
          Because the ISO comes with 5.19.0.32 (the 32nd build), and the bug happened with the next security fix, or just after that. They *just* updated the kernel this week - to build 42 - which does fix this, so updates will skip over those broken builds for any fresh installs.

Comment

I noted elsewhere, that for me the HDMI issue was indeed fixed with -42 but system notification sounds do not play.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              I noted elsewhere, that for me the HDMI issue was indeed fixed with -42 but system notification sounds do not play.
              Also there's a slight delay when playing audio on both the 5.15 kernel and the 5.19 kernel though on 5.19 its about two seconds instead of a few seconds delay on 5.15.

Comment

Working...
              X