Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little confused by this PPA for my AMD card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post

Yeah its strange the live Kubuntu 22.04 USB that I made a short while ago has Kernel 5.19 on it and the HDMI audio works just fine on that.
    It is the specific updates to it, *after* the one on the iso. iirc a security patch broke it.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

It is the specific updates to it, *after* the one on the iso. iirc a security patch broke it.
      The 5.19 kernel just got worse for me I no longer have WiFi (Intel WiFi in fact) on it I'm hoping that the next 5.19 update that I haven't got yet will fix this.

Comment

The 5.19 kernel just got worse for me I no longer have WiFi (Intel WiFi in fact) on it I'm hoping that the next 5.19 update that I haven't got yet will fix this.
        Odd, as there hasn't been an update to 5.19 for Jammy in some weeks now
        Hopefully, it is just the kernel, and not something else.

Comment

If your hardware does not depend on kernel 5.19 you can always go back to kernel 5.15 in (K)ubuntu 22.04 without any significant differences for your system.
          Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
          Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Odd, as there hasn't been an update to 5.19 for Jammy in some weeks now
            Hopefully, it is just the kernel, and not something else.
            Its better now after some non-kernel updates, but yeah its strange that there hasn't been an update for kernel 5.19 yet.

Comment

I had to go back to .15. because of the audio device regression

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                I had to go back to .15. because of the audio device regression
                Yeah tell me about it I'm using that version right now. Come on Canonical give us the 5.19 update already just don't rush it ya know.

Comment

Yeah tell me about it I'm using that version right now. Come on Canonical give us the 5.19 update already just don't rush it ya know.
                  As 22.04 gets kernel backported, 5.19 comes from Kinetic. It gets testing and released there first, barring security fixes.
                  Since this may (iirc) have been caused by a security patch, it may not be a 100% straightforward fix, especially as it seems to involve some Intel systems on top of AMD GPU/APUs.

Comment

Actually, 5.19.0.40 is in Kinetc's AND Jammy's -proposed pocket, so it won't be long now.

Comment

Actually, 5.19.0.40 is in Kinetc's AND Jammy's -proposed pocket, so it won't be long now.
                      Awesome lets hope its available in next 7 days or so also lets hope it fixes the audio issues the last 5.19 update caused.

Comment

What does the command

Code:
                        aplay -l
                        report?

I have an RX 6700 and this is what Iget:

Code:
                        mr_raider@hk-47:~$ aplay -l
                        **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
                        card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
                        Subdevices: 1/1
                        Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
                        card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
                        card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
                        card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
                        card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]
                        card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 11: HDMI 5 [HDMI 5]
                        card 2: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALCS1200A Analog [ALCS1200A Analog]
                        card 2: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 1: ALCS1200A Digital [ALCS1200A Digital]
                        ​

Comment

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/2009136

However, I don't think this is in the current kernel in -proposed (5.19.0.40), since it does not fix the thing. It may have been in the pipeline before the reported fix in the report.

Comment

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/2009136

However, I don't think this is in the current kernel in -proposed (5.19.0.40), since it does not fix the thing. It may have been in the pipeline before the reported fix in the report.
                            Well I just got the new 5.19 update and it didn't fix the HDMI audio problem.

Comment

I tried playing Cities Skylines and Civilization 6 on the 5.15 kernel and both seem to play OK. So I don't know if the 5.19 kernel is necessary.

Comment

Did you read the general kernel changelogs from 5.15 up to 5.19 and found something that you need or that is much improved for your hardware or your tasks?
                                Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                                Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Working...
                                X