I can't remove black borders at 1024x768 resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] I can't remove black borders at 1024x768 resolution

Hello, I installed kubuntu on my Acer aspire 1 system with Intel celeron n4500 and it won't let me scale the resolution, I don't know what I did wrong, but before it let me without any problem.

Welcome.

Please tell us your GPU (e.g. Nvidia xxx), too, and what you exactly tried to do to "scale the resolution" and what your goal is.
    Do you use a laptop or desktop, an internal or external monitor?
    Do you use Wayland or X11 (enter echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE in the Konsole terminal emulator OR open -> Applications Menu -> System -> Info Centre to find out)?
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jul 31, 2023, 05:58 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

oh, my bad... well, i use intel integrated graphics (Intel UHD Graphics (JSL) ) and the problem occurs with my internal monitor of the laptop, i use the X11 desktop, and what i want is that the 4:3 aspect is stretched to the whole screen and that the black borders are not visible, I have tried reinstalling and formatting everything, I have downloaded multiple applications for resolutions in the store and tried to reinstall the intel drivers but with the latter I could not do it.

Comment

help please

Comment

What exactly are you trying to do? Use 1024x768 and get rid of the borders? (that would be desktop scaling) or use the correct resolution for your monitor? Which we don't know because you've given very little useful information.

How about opening Konsole, typing "xrandr" and screen shot the results?

Please Read Me

Comment

He regretted giving little information, I really don't know what to contribute ):, and I want to scale the screen... I will do what he asks me in the following post!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagen.png
Views:	128
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	673204here is the pic

Comment

The plus sign (+) indicates the preferred mode.
                The asterisk (*) indicates the current mode.

It appears you have a screen that supports 1366x768 but is set at 1280x720. This probably explains the black bars.

The question now is why aren't you using the native resolution? LED Monitors aren't very good at scaling or running a mode that's not the default. You're almost always going to get some amount of blurriness. If the fonts are too small, increase the font size instead of messing with the monitor settings.

Please Read Me

Comment

because I'm used to 1024x768 and for performance reasons, I really like that resolution the same hehe

Comment

but the truth is that I want that scaled resolution, 1024x768 without black borders... can that be done? because changing the resolution doesn't let me, you can't scale the screen

Comment

Originally posted by deeimoooo View Post
                      can that be done?
                      Not given your PCs native resolution.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I know, but before I used windows and there I could use 1024x768 and scale it to full screen without problems, I was wondering if I could do the same here

Comment

Working...
                        X