Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Power settings/sleep settings not respected

Hi all,

I'm very new to the world of Linux. A month ago I first tried Ubuntu but that wasn't as user friendly as I expected.

Since this was a project on an older laptop (Dell XPS 9550) after two weeks I decided to start fresh again with Kubuntu and found this much user friendlier.

The install is the latest LTS version. No dual boot. Secure boot was on when I installed it.

It seems to do what I want so far: use case is browsing/mail/watching video/youtube and some document editing.

The only problem that I'm having so far is that my install doesn't seem to respect the settings in power management.

Despite my settings, when I'm inactive for about 10 minutes the lock screen is activated.

I have the settings as follows:

https://imgur.com/a/PCbivu6

When not on battery the settings are pretty much the same.

It's a bit of an annoyance because one use case of the laptop for me is when I'm watching tv and I want to be able to take a glance at the laptop to see if some mail came in or some reminders in my calendar.

I'm a bit puzzled as to where to begin to find out why it is doing this. Any pointers are very welcome.

Maybe that's because Screen Locking is not in Power settings. Go to System Settings > Workspace Behavior > Screen Locking

Please Read Me

Comment

That was it. Thank you very much for the help

Comment

Great. I love the easy ones. Thanks for marking your thread resolved and welcome to the forum.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X