X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ABANDONED] I need to downgrade-driver issues

So I know this isn't post install, but close enough
    I can't get any sound drivers to work. What I downloaded from realtek, is a joke. ./config, then make then make install. I have never ever had this work. Why can't they bring out an instalable file.
    NOW !!!!
    After I upgraded, my ZFS zpool drives, I kept getting messages about upgrade to them specifically. So. I did.
    I don't remember the exact message, as one of these, my primary backup drive, is have a hissy fit. errors, I reboot, it claims errors again, something about lost files (7 minutes worth)[How is that possible].. And after mounting it, and opening it in Dolphin, there is constant & continious activity to the drive (blinking lights)
    Now it's not scrubbing it, as I checked, which leaves a big fat "WTF"...

Q1. since I upgraded zfs on the zpool devs. Am I going to encounter a problem if I go backwards in OS. 22 back to 20.
    q2. What actually happens in September 2023 when 20.05 runs out?
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; May 13, 2023, 08:09 PM.

Q0: Did you successfully build the driver and it did not work or did yıu fail to build it?
    Q1: can't help with zfs, sorry.
    Q2: 20.04 has 5-yeat support (non-kde parts). So, if you're happy with kde 5.18 (I think), you should not expect any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by arsivci View Post
      Q0: Did you successfully build the driver and it did not work or did yıu fail to build it?
      Failed see https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...hardware-found
      Q1: can't help with zfs, sorry.
      Q2: 20.04 has 5-yeat support (non-kde parts). So, if you're happy with kde 5.18 (I think), you should not expect any problems.
      A2. I upgrade due to some KDE Plasma issue, and both times I had the same response. OLD VERSION. NO Help. Case Closed.

Comment

So I've down Graded to 20.04.5
        Keep getting POPUP to upgrade to 22.04
        &&
        Speakers have gone funny. 5.1 system, finally managed to select it. Right Rear is through subwoofer. All others correct (Including subwoofer) NOW. Last time I had an issue Vers 18 or 16, I simply selected the output socket and changed it.
        I don't have that option now. It's default to whatever.
        Q. Is there a way to change selected outputs?
        Motherboard = Gigabyte B560 HD3 - File 12.9Mb. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...support-manual
        Speakers = Logitech X-530
        Oh! zfs appears Okay. I can access it
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X