This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ABANDONED] New 22.04 Install no hardware found

So After a failed attempt to update 20.04 to 22.04 (worked on one computer), it failed, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it fixed. So I did a fresh install, twice. First one failed with some popup error, halfway through install stuff

So. I installed minimal, no updates, no proprietary​ Drivers..... NOW... No sound, and I think it's not found the NVidia card either, but I do have 1080p output, so not bothered there.
    I've tried to manually /config and Make and make install, realtek drivers. NO Luck
    I've added a whole bunch of pulse audio, and god knows what ever else.... No Luck
    Found this command and got this result
    Code:
     aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC897 Analog [ALC897 Analog]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC897 Digital [ALC897 Digital]
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Q. How do I FORCE Kubuntu 22.04 to find the drivers and install them

For proprietary drivers one can use *Ubuntu's built-in tool (the example is for Nvidia 530.x drivers - install the driver version that is recommended for your card):
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...164#post670164
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

so do I follow the deleted white rabbit?
      Also. It isn't a card. I finally vacuumed the dust and pulled the pc out of it's custom box, and its the motherboard built in.
      Option1=wipe re-install 20.04.5
      option2=buy new sound card (Not likely)
      Option3=wait until some kde software engineer fixes this problem

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
        […] Also. It isn't a card. I finally vacuumed the dust and pulled the pc out of it's custom box, and its the motherboard built in. […]
        In this case it does not matter if something is a card in e.g. a PCIe slot or if it is soldered to the motherboard.
        For example: an Nvidia GTX 1050 in a PCIe slot needs the same proprietary driver as an Nvidia GTX 1050 soldered to the board.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
          In this case it does not matter if something is a card in e.g. a PCIe slot or if it is soldered to the motherboard.
          For example: an Nvidia GTX 1050 in a PCIe slot needs the same proprietary driver as an Nvidia GTX 1050 soldered to the board.
          Still. I've tried
          Code:
          ubuntu-drivers devices = nothing
          ubuntu-drivers autoinstall = quick nothing
          Check driver version cat/proc/driver/ rpc file
          sudo ubuntu-drivers list (list-oem) = nothing
          sudo ubuntu-drivers install = nothing
          nothing = I typed it, hit enter, and a small pause then "command prompt" returned.

I have the actually realtek file... but this instructions are ./config then make <drivername> then make install... I've had these types of installs before 5 or 6 of them over the years, and NONE of them have evered worked, as I don't understand what it is doing, how it is doing, or the error codes it throws up.

I am angry that these drivers worked fine in 20.04.1-5 yet are absent or not findable (except aplay -i).... Seriously if win 11 didn't have a built in keylogger, I would have switched back to windows years ago.
          PS. I am very angry. the new normal for me. I apologise for being so, but I can no longer control it

Comment

HELP Please
            Downloaded Realtek Driver https://www.realtek.com/en/component...odecs-software
            followed the pdf Linux Audio Installation guide.pdf
            and the readme Readme.txt

Got the following output
            audioDriverInstall-Error.txt audioDriverInstall-Error.txt

SO. ANyone able to help me on this. I haven't a clue.
            Please and thanks

Comment

the driver manager is for proprietary drivers, as well as those that can't be included for whatever licensing, coding, or moral reasons.

your sound card (or chips, and firmware rather) isn't proprietary.
              The files you are downloading are the source code that probably is already included in the included set of kernel modules, or more likely, is outdated as heck.

If you actually managed to compile and install those drivers you downloaded, it probably would have made things worse.

What is needed are the hardware IDs etc for the 'card', and more general and troubleshooting.
              LOTS of DETAILED info
              And tons of patience.

Screenshots of what you have in System Settings, and/or the tray widget.

Device info can be found from lspci -v

I seriously doubt it is a missing driver, not for the extremely common ALC897 ( I have this as my onboard audio, and am using it currently)

I *think* that for audio from the Nvidia card, may require the proprietary drivers. Could be wrong

But I personally don't have time as much as I used to- work plus another work, then sleep.

Actually, a long shot may be to run alsamixer, and look for possibly muted items - Master, PCM, maybe Line. Just to make sure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230503_193352.png Views:	0 Size:	431.6 KB ID:	670625

Comment

EDIT = My Error. No Nvidia. Wrong PC. It's motherboard B560 HD3 build IN HDMI. Works Okay

EDIT 2 - I appear to be posting the same things in two different Threads... SORRY

Comment

Working...
                X