X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] ACPI error

hi,
    I am new to Linux, I installed Kubuntu 2 weeks ago, and so far am superhappy with it.
    Only 1 thing appears to not go exactly as it should: every time when starting up my laptop, i get the following error statement:

The laptop is a HP elitebook x360 1040 G7.
    This does not appear to be hampering the functioning of Kubuntu, everything works perfectly.
    Does anyone know what this means and if I need to do something about it?
    best regards,
    Rik

Originally posted by Rik44 View Post
    i get the following error statement:
    But you didn't tell us/include the error statement.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      But you didn't tell us/include the error statement.
      oh that's odd, i put a screenshot. edit: OK I've tried both uploading a photo of the error, and putting the photo on a downloadable link, but this forum appears to not allow images OR external links. How do I share the photo of the error with you...?

Comment

It's a limitation placed on 'new' members. You need to have a requisite number of posts before certain functions are available. You should be able to upload and/or post links now.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Rik44 View Post

oh that's odd, i put a screenshot. edit: OK I've tried both uploading a photo of the error, and putting the photo on a downloadable link, but this forum appears to not allow images OR external links. How do I share the photo of the error with you...?

You need to have at least three posts to attach images, and iirc at least 2 or 3 for links, as a spammer prevention tool. There usually is an error message when attempting to do so, though. You should be able to post both as of now
          Welcome to KFN

However, most likely these are 100% harmless messaging that simply have evaded being hidden by the splash screen. I have had similar, and even have some messaging now. There may be ways to suppress them but it may not be worth the effort, but still may be worth a look.

Comment

haha OK thanks

here is my photo of the error, still happens everytime when i restart the laptop:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...H5T99847YC6cUX

Comment

I see the same sorts on my self built desktop pc. I have never bothered to see about hiding them, as I boot my PC before I wake up

Here is a sort of general description of why these more minor error messages are showing during boot, instead og being hidden:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtop...p=2160587#p216 0587

Basically the kernel or driver devs like their messages, and distro devs don't modify their chosen boot parameters to just to hide theses kernel and hardware-specific things for a smaller subset of people.

However, it is possible to do so by editing grub to change the loglevel from quiet to something less verbose, like loglevel=3

This can be tested during boot to see if it woks as expected
              https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/KernelBootParameters

If it does, then just use Kate or Kwrite to edit the file, instead of using the sudo gedit command, following the instruction at the bottom of that page.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                I see the same sorts on my self built desktop pc. I have never bothered to see about hiding them, as I boot my PC before I wake up

Here is a sort of general description of why these more minor error messages are showing during boot, instead og being hidden:
                Ah OK thanks, no need to hide them for me either, I just wanted to check if there wasn't some important error happening that could blow up my PC over time Happy to hear it's minor and leave it at that.

Comment

If you install KSystemLog (or use something like journalctl -b on the command line) you can view/search the actual log files, which makes doing a copypasta for searching or pasting into a post a lot easier, to help narrow down how serious it might be.

Comment

Seems relevant: https://www.linux.org/threads/acpi-b...book-g7.30870/

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X