Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very odd, as Debian devel packages would be named foo-dev or libfoo-vev, sane-devel would be libsane-dev in Debian/Ubuntu.
    So these deps showing look more like rpm names, which seem to use -devel.

And the python-pyqt4 is definitely going to be missing, being Qt4 stuff.

Oshunluvr, this is on a Neon system? If so hp-check will throw errors as it does not recognize Neon as a supported distro, and I believe the 'missing' deps are due to this. hp-cheepck is what is used in it's manual installer to detect the OS and set up automatic package dep installs. It seems to throw out generic dep requirements.

Code:
    warning: neon distro is not found in AUTH_TYPES
    warning: unknown-20.04 version is not supported. Using unknown-0 versions dependencies to verify and install...

---------------
    | SYSTEM INFO |
    ---------------

Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 10 00:24:02 UTC 2020 GNU/Linux
     Host: dohbuoy-FLEX-15IIL
     Proc: 5.4.0-42-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 10 00:24:02 UTC 2020 GNU/Linux
     Distribution: unknown 20.04
     Bitness: 64 bit
    Neon users who try to manually install a newer hplip directly from HP have to change /etc/os-release to read ubuntu so the installer will work, at leastnit was needed for 16.04 and 18.04.

tl;dr this hp-check output very likely has nothing to do with issues here.

Comment

Yeah, neon 20.04 via upgrading my 18.04 user edition. I too suspect hp-check is the problem. I'm sure it will get fixed soon enough.

Please Read Me

Comment

O.K., so Neon is weird

The rest of us are only slightly less weird
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
        X