Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad you were able to resolve your troubles and it is all working well for you. I have never been faced with problems like you had to deal with - thanks goodness.

You may by now or soon be dealing with another kernel update which I have had for several days now,ie
    Code:
    :~$ uname -r
    5.0.0-13-generic
    Hope the installation of this kernel goes smoothly for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flavio R. Cavalcanti View Post
      The link /vmlinuz is a damaged link...
      The link /initrd.img is a damaged link...
      These links are for the convenience of those, like myself, who maintain their own grub.cfg. They're not used presently (AFAICT) by the generated grub.cfg, so no need to worry. The links point at the latest linux kernel and initial ram disc, and are normally maintained by some APT script.

If the error messages persist, and are annoying, you can recreate them with commands like, say,
      Code:
      sudo ln -s $(dir -1 /boot/vmlinuz-*    | tail -n 1) /vmlinuz 
      sudo ln -s $(dir -1 /boot/initrd.img-* | tail -n 1) /initrd.img
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        These links are for the convenience of those, like myself, who maintain their own grub.cfg. They're not used presently (AFAICT) by the generated grub.cfg, so no need to worry. The links point at the latest linux kernel and initial ram disc, and are normally maintained by some APT script.

If the error messages persist, and are annoying, you can recreate them with commands like, say,
        Code:
        sudo ln -s $(dir -1 /boot/vmlinuz-*    | tail -n 1) /vmlinuz 
        sudo ln -s $(dir -1 /boot/initrd.img-* | tail -n 1) /initrd.img
        Thanks.

These messages are not really annoying, since it is not a real problem, but I will try to fix it with these commands.

Comment

Definitely the problem was not Kernel or Kubuntu-but Grub, controlled by another distro.

Grub "A" ─ sda ─ with Default: "Saved" (remember last selected distro)

Now, using Grub "B" ─ sdb ─ No problem.

Comment

Working...
          X