X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoWorries
    replied
    Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Power Management in System Settings. My version of System Settings is 5.14.3 and it was installed using the additional repository:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/staging-plasma
    I checked and I do not have any problems at all in this area. I should point out that I am not using a VM but have sufficient disk space to have Disco in a separate partition.

I also set up my Disco's Home partition by copying my Kubuntu 18.04 Home partition into the Home partition that I was going to install Disco into.

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    I installed Kubuntu 19.04 as a VM using qemu.
    When I attempted to set the power management in "System Settings" it overlaid the panel with a gray box and claimed the power managment daemon was not running. It was, as systemd showed. The mesg also said that the "problem" could be easily fixed in the "Startup and Shutdown" section of System Settings. There is no facility in that section of System Settings for starting or stopping Power Management.

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    Great idea!

Having recently installed qemu-kvm and virt-manager, I installed Disco-Desktop to a VM.
    Installed, updated and runs faultlessly. And this for an Alpha release? That's just the way I remember Kubuntu 9.04 Alpha, 10 years ago, which I installed in Feburary of 2009. It, too, ran faultlessly.

That makes 10 years of using Kubuntu!

I've never used another distro as long as I've used Kubuntu. SuSE comes to mind, which I ran for 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• NoWorries
    started a topic Give Discoing a go with Kubuntu 19.04 Disco

Give Discoing a go with Kubuntu 19.04 Disco

I have successfully installed Disco Dingo and added all may favourite repositories. I came to grief when I used Muon Pre-release updates. That was a disaster as it removed Muon and other important packages. The easiest step to recover was to install again.

The current status of my system is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disco_Info.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	649406

The developers are doing a great job with this distribution and I constantly look forward to all the updates that occur during the development.
Working...
X