Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to avoid white border on Spectacle screenshots?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chimak111
    replied
    I hope I don't get into trouble for this but ...

    There's a scrot upload manager available:
    Scrot Upload Manager | Takes screenshot of the screen, widnow or a region using scrot, then uploads it to Jirafeau on my server and spits back a link. A password can be put on it using the -p option.
    See this page: https://github.com/hajzso?tab=repositories

    Leave a comment:


  • wizard10000
    replied
    Originally posted by mhumm2 View Post
    I hope it's not an abbreviation!
    I am now scrotless.

    Leave a comment:


  • chimak111
    replied
    Originally posted by mhumm2 View Post
    I hope it's not an abbreviation!
    From an earlier post in this thread:
    look at it as a "shortening" of screenshot

    Leave a comment:


  • mhumm2
    replied
    I hope it's not an abbreviation!

    Leave a comment:


  • wizard10000
    replied
    I ended up purging scrot

    This works well. If I don't want the cursor in an active window screenshot all I have to do is move the cursor out of the window.

    Code:
    # active window with cursor - Alt-End
    gnome-screenshot -wp -f ~/Desktop/"window-$(date +%Y%m%d_%H:%M:%S)".png
    
    # region - Shift-End
    gnome-screenshot -a -f ~/Desktop/"region-$(date +%Y%m%d_%H:%M:%S)".png
    
    # desktop - Fn-End
    gnome-screenshot -f ~/Desktop/"desktop-$(date +%Y%m%d_%H:%M:%S)".png

    Leave a comment:


  • chimak111
    replied
    Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
    You just gave me an idea. I'd only need a cursor for an active window screenshot so I think I'm gonna switch to gnome-screenshot for just that requirement. If I don't need the cursor I can just move it away from the active window.

    Collaboration at its finest - thanks
    Onlt too happy to be of help!

    These are the three shortcuts I set up for gnome-screenshot (GSS):
    Code:
    Meta+Ctrl+I [U]I[/U]nteractive GSS
    Meta+Ctrl+A [u]A[/u]ctive GSS
    Meta+Ctrl+D [u]D[/u]elayed GSS

    Leave a comment:


  • wizard10000
    replied
    Originally posted by chimak111
    Scrot can't capture the mouse pointer, in case that's a deal breaker whereas gnome-screenshot can and gnome-screenshot works from the command-line as well.
    You just gave me an idea. I'd only need a cursor for an active window screenshot so I think I'm gonna switch to gnome-screenshot for just that requirement. If I don't need the cursor I can just move it away from the active window.

    Collaboration at its finest - thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • chimak111
    replied
    Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    This does not happen on my system. I suspect that your snapshot includes the window drop shadow - I don't have one. What Desktop theme and Look and Feel do you have selected?
    In Look and Feel, I have Breeze Dark but for Desktop theme I've stayed with Breeze.

    Originally posted by Rog131 View Post
    Bug 372408 - Spectacle Capture Active Window includes Unwanted Margin Outside Active Window - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=372408
    ...
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    scrot?
    I know it sounds a bit impolite, but look at it as a "shortening" of screenshot

    I used it a lot when on Lubuntu. It's the default tool there. Scrot can't capture the mouse pointer. In case that's a deal breaker, gnome-screenshot can and gnome-screenshot works from the command-line as well. wizard10000 has given shortcuts for scrot. Similar ones could be made for gnome-screenshot. This is from my Openbox rc.xml:
    Code:
        <keybind key="Print">        # Immediate gnome-screenshot of active window with pointer
      <action name="Execute"><command>sh -c 'gnome-screenshot -wp -f /home/Dell/Dropbox/Screenshots/"$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)".png'</command></action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="W-Print">        # Delayed gnome-screenshot of full screen with pointer
      <action name="Execute"><command>sh -c 'gnome-screenshot -p -d 10 -f /home/Dell/Dropbox/Screenshots/"$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)".png'</command></action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="S-Print">        # Interactive gnome-screenshot
      <action name="Execute"><command>sh -c 'gnome-screenshot -a -f /home/Dell/Dropbox/Screenshots/"$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)".png'</command></action>
    </keybind>
    I think the "sh -c" may not be needed in Kubuntu.
    Last edited by chimak111; Aug 03, 2017, 09:19 AM. Reason: grammar!

    Leave a comment:


  • GreyGeek
    replied
    Ah, it's in the repository! Now it's in my tool box!

    Leave a comment:


  • wizard10000
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    scrot?
    Command line screenshooter. Very lightweight.

    Here's a man page - http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...1/scrot.1.html
    Last edited by wizard10000; Aug 02, 2017, 02:26 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GreyGeek
    replied
    Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
    This actually works pretty well for me. I have a laptop, so I've bound it to Alt-End (if I used a function key the end key would be print screen) - takes a screenshot of the active window and puts it in ~/Desktop

    Code:
    scrot -u '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/Desktop/'

    scrot?

    Leave a comment:


  • wizard10000
    replied
    This actually works pretty well for me. I have a laptop, so I've bound it to Alt-End (if I used a function key the end key would be print screen) - takes a screenshot of the active window and puts it in ~/Desktop

    Code:
    scrot -u '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/Desktop/'
    edit: Since I'm on a roll here here are some other screenshot toys -

    I have this mapped to Shift-End, it allows me to select a rectangular section of the screen:

    Code:
    scrot -s '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/Desktop/'
    And mapped to Fn-End, which is actually the print screen key, this takes a snapshot of the entire desktop.

    Code:
    scrot '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/Desktop/'
    Last edited by wizard10000; Aug 02, 2017, 02:23 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GreyGeek
    replied
    Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    This does not happen on my system. I suspect that your snapshot includes the window drop shadow - I don't have one. What Desktop theme and Look and Feel do you have selected?
    Breeze all the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rog131
    replied
    Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
    When I take a screenshot of the active window with Spectacle, there's a white border around the image. Is there an option to get rid of that border?

    This is on Kubuntu 16.04 with Plasma 5.8 LTS.
    Bug 372408 - Spectacle Capture Active Window includes Unwanted Margin Outside Active Window - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=372408

    Software recommendation - What screenshot tools are available?: https://askubuntu.com/questions/6558...-are-available

    Screen-capture apps: ftp://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps/screen-capture.html
    Last edited by Rog131; Aug 02, 2017, 10:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • oshunluvr
    replied
    There's also an option when you snapshot a window using Spectacle: "Include window titlebar and borders." If you uncheck that box you should lose the drop-shadow but you'd also lose the title bar. :/

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X