Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vinnywright
    replied
    Humm I hadent installed it yet in 16.04 ,,,,,,,, so I did

    Code:
    sudo apt install steam
    on launching ,,,,,,,



    login



    looks good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



    now to get it pointed to my games

    and nvidia ,,,,,,,,,,,

    Code:
    vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ inxi -G
    Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GK104M [GeForce GTX 860M]
               Display Server: X.Org 1.18.3 driver: nvidia Resolution: 1920x1080@60.01hz
               GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 860M/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.42
    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • MoonRise
    replied
    Another FWIW this is the specs and drvr for my graphics card:


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_001.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	643195

    Leave a comment:


  • steve7233
    replied
    I am glad I looked here before upgrading. I play a loot of games via Steam for Linux and Steam for Windows via PlayOnLinux/wine. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if it gets fixed before risking an update from 15.10.

    Leave a comment:


  • Teunis
    replied
    nVidia 340 is somewhat old, have a look in the package manager which one is the newest, in your case I believe it's 361.

    Leave a comment:


  • MoonRise
    replied
    FWIW that is how I installed Steam and it seems to run quite well.

    Leave a comment:


  • sithlord48
    replied
    have you tried installing steam from the repository.. iirc its in the partner repo

    Leave a comment:


  • prosoor
    started a topic Steam

    Steam

    Steam still doesn't work.

    When starting Steam, there is a message:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Steam1.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	649099

    When starting game from Steam, there is a message:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Steam2.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	649100

    I have Nvidia Geforce 250 with nvidia-340 340.96 drivers, which I installed with apt-get, not with Driver management since there is a problem with neverending "Collecting information about your system".

    dpkg -l nvidia*
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name Version Architecture Description
    +++-================-=============-=============-=====================================
    ii nvidia-340 340.96-0ubunt amd64 NVIDIA binary driver - version 340.96
    un nvidia-common <none> <none> (no description available)
    un nvidia-driver-bi <none> <none> (no description available)
    un nvidia-legacy-34 <none> <none> (no description available)
    un nvidia-libopencl <none> <none> (no description available)
    un nvidia-libopencl <none> <none> (no description available)
    un nvidia-opencl-ic <none> <none> (no description available)
    ii nvidia-opencl-ic 340.96-0ubunt amd64 NVIDIA OpenCL ICD
    un nvidia-persisten <none> <none> (no description available)
    ii nvidia-prime 0.8.2 amd64 Tools to enable NVIDIA's Prime
    ii nvidia-settings 361.42-0ubunt amd64 Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graph
    un nvidia-settings- <none> <none> (no description available)
    un nvidia-vdpau-dri <none> <none> (no description available)


    Steam is installed from Steam web site.

    dpkg -l steam*
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name Version Architecture Description
    +++-================-=============-=============-=====================================
    un steam <none> <none> (no description available)
    ii steam-launcher 1.0.0.52 all Launcher for the Steam software distr
    un steam64 <none> <none> (no description available)

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X