Comment

Didn't work
      No Numlock
      Greg
      W9WD

Comment

Originally posted by GregM View Post
        No Numlock
        As wizard confirmed, it seems sddm only sets numlock status if/when the login screen actually loads itself (it doesn't if autologin is enabled).

Of course, when you have autologin enabled, Rod J's first answer on this thread actually should work (and turn on numlock once the desktop loads). It's a bit odd if it didn't work for you. That's why I suggested changing the login screen settings as I thought your problem was that numlock wasn't turned on at the login screen (if you're using autologin this isn't the problem).

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          ...Rod J's first answer on this thread actually should work (and turn on numlock once the desktop loads). It's a bit odd if it didn't work for you.
          TBH it doesn't work for me either; it didn't in 5.10 when I was running Neon and it doesn't in 5.8.6 that I'm running now. Very strange that the numlock setting in systemsettings5 doesn't work at all for me. Also, I grumbled a little earlier about my touchpad toggle not working in 5.10 unless I opened the touchpad properties page in systemsettings first - I didn't have to change any settings, just opening the properties page would do it.

I filed a bug against 5.9 on this one, which appears to be a plasmashell issue. Now that I'm back on 5.8.6 my touchpad toggle works not at all, so I just shut the thing off in BIOS. I think for me it's a hardware-specific issue and purging plasmashellrc didn't resolve the problem.
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
            TBH it doesn't work for me either; it didn't in 5.10 when I was running Neon and it doesn't in 5.8.6 that I'm running now. Very strange that the numlock setting in systemsettings5 doesn't work at all for me.
            I had to test it myself after all the feedback, and the setting works fine here with KDE Neon/Plasma 5.10:

1. sddm setting without autologin (works, numlock on at login screen as expected)
            2. sddm setting with autologin (doesn't work, as expected)
            3. plasma setting without autologin (works when plasma loads, but isn't enabled in the login screen, as expected)
            4. plasma setting with autologin (works when plasma loads, as expected)

Of course, this might be an issue in Kubuntu 16.04's older plasma version, which has since been fixed (but it is still odd if you had this problem also with plasma 5.10)
            Last edited by kubicle; Jun 06, 2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I guess I'll just push the button for now and hope that someday the code will be fixed by "the creators".
              Greg
              W9WD

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                (but it is still odd if you had this problem also with plasma 5.10)
                Yeah - I really think it's a hardware issue. Matter of fact I replaced the keyboard on my Precision M4800 with a brand new backlit keyboard last Friday and the issue remained, so I really think it might be that the Precision M-series keyboard map isn't quite up to scratch
                we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
                X