This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reboots to tty1

Since upgrading to Kubuntu 16.04 I've had problems with reboot. Initially a crash window would pop up for a few seconds asking if I wanted to report a bug (didn't give me time to say yes). Now I get a black screen for a few seconds and then tty1 login screen appears. Thanks.

System: Host: wartnose-desktop Kernel: 4.4.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)

Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.5.5 (Qt 5.5.1) Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
    Machine: Mobo: ASRock model: H97M-ITX/ac Bios: American Megatrends v: P1.70
    CPU: Quad core Intel Core i5-4690K (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB
    Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] bus-ID: 01:00.0
    Display Server: X.Org 1.18.3 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)
    Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz
    GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.42 Direct Rendering: Yes
    Drives: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 500.1GB

RAM: 16000

Try editing your grub line at the boot screen (hit "e" when the grub menu appears) and deleting "quiet splash" from the boot line, then continue the boot by hitting F10. This might reveal whats crashing.

Also, it seems likely that's it's X that's crashing so reading /var/log/Xorg.0.log might tell us something.

Next time it boots to TTY, type "startx" and see what happens.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Try editing your grub line at the boot screen (hit "e" when the grub menu appears) and deleting "quiet splash" from the boot line, then continue the boot by hitting F10. This might reveal whats crashing.

Also, it seems likely that's it's X that's crashing so reading /var/log/Xorg.0.log might tell us something.

Next time it boots to TTY, type "startx" and see what happens.
      I don't ever see a boot screen (probably something I didn't configure properly when I first installed). I did find that if I hit Ctrl+Alt+F7 when I see the tty1 login screen it reboots normally so I guess that's good enough?

Comment

Working...
      X