X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu on 2014 MacBook Air

Hi there.

I'm wondering if anyone of you have Kubuntu on MacBook Air 11" model (i.e., 2014) installed. All HOWTOs are about ubuntu basically, so it makes me to think that a) Kubuntu doesn't work (well) on MacBook Air or b) nobody interested/tried to install Kubuntu onto MacBook Air. In case of successful Kubuntu install, could you share instructions, please ?

Regards
    ArtūrasB.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 27, 2016, 11:13 AM.

I don't do Apple products, but I can say that the Ubuntu core is the same as Kubuntu's core. The desktop environments are different. I would think that if you can install Ubuntu, you could also install Kubuntu.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      I don't do Apple products, but I can say that the Ubuntu core is the same as Kubuntu's core. The desktop environments are different. I would think that if you can install Ubuntu, you could also install Kubuntu.
      I have same assumption but wanted some sort of confirmation from anyone with the real life experience.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Well, someone has to be the guinea pig!

Please Read Me

Comment

Well, found something - http://www.ocsmag.com/2013/10/22/ins...11-6-mid-2013/.

Disclaimer 1 - instruction is with Kubuntu/Ubuntu 13.10.
          Disclaimer 2 - I haven't tried this myself yet (waiting for my MacBook Air), thus no good/bad recommendations from my side.

Comment

Working...
          X