X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID devices not functioning

Hi all,

I have some older Logitech mouse/kbd combo using wireless unifier HID dongle on USB.

Works fine with 13.10 (yeah old one!) but with 16.04 it doesn't work, both during live CD install and after rebooting.

Code:
    ~$ xsetpointer -l | grep Pointer
    12: "Logitech Logitech BT Mini-Receiver" [XExtensionPointer]
    lusb seemed to detect as well, although I can't recall the verbose, would have to do it again.

I reboot into 13.10 and all works fine.
    I have tried reconnecting, pressing mouse/lbs buttons, etc.
    Then I plugged a more recent wireless USB dongle from Logitech and it detected the mouse immediately.

I read that I have to enable "USB Human Interface Device (HID) support in the USB support and Mouse Support in the Input core support". Do I? In 2016? How can I check if I need to do it and how to do it then?

I wanted to update from 13.10 to 16.04 this week cuz I'm on vacations, but I'm stuck at step 0 (kbd and mouse are a no brainer, usually). loll

Tnx!
    Frank
    Kubuntu 19.10/20.04
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
    Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE

Difficult to troubleshoot with so little information. dmesg output? Xorg.0.log output? Model of device in question?

Assuming it's a bluetooth device ("BT" is a hint), you may not have bluetooth fully enabled on your install. Could be a setting somewhere too, like HID2HCI_ENABLED=1 was needed in the past for some bt devices.

Basically, it's not being detected as a Human Input Device.

Please Read Me

Comment

Ha! You reminded me of the issue. I fixed it.

I think it started to happen about 5 years ago with 11.10, but for some reasons I need to remove packages that have "bluez" in the name or description, except I need to keep "libbluetooth3". I installed muon first cuz since 14.04 there are no package manager by default, but I need muon anyway.

For those who don't know,
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install muon
      Tnx man!
      Frank
      Kubuntu 19.10/20.04
      AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Comment

Hah! I'd rather be lucky than good!

I thought muon was no longer being maintained. I usually just install from the command line anyway. Faster and more output for when something goes wrong. Only bad part is you have to know your target package name...

Please Read Me

Comment

Replying to my post makes you good already.

Looks like muon is still maintained, at least for now. I don't always know the name of the package/librairy and I find it easier to search/scan through.
          Frank
          Kubuntu 19.10/20.04
          AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Comment

Code:
            apt search
            is a nice easy way to search on the cli
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...