Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have occasional crashes of the baloo indexer but It never seems to interfere with anything I'm using and appears to be working inside Dolphin.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I already reported it in another thread but since this morning akonadi_notes_agent takes around 6 of the 8GB of RAM this computer has.
      Because it's now swapping the whole system has slowed down.

In other words, switching on Akonadi is not for everyone a clean experience...

Comment

I've uninstalled those packages with autoremove. Hope I didn't break anything...

Comment

So, sometimes when I turn the computer on, I get the unuseful gui with blackened screen. Rather annoying.

And, today I experienced my first Kernel Panic ever! It was not nice at all! I took a picture of the event, but I don't know if it's useful for telling what's wrong. Oh, and I don't want to hijack the thread, so, if any administrator feels so, please move this post to a new one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo View Post
            So, sometimes when I turn the computer on, I get the unuseful gui with blackened screen. Rather annoying.
            Im getting the same thing. Id love to file a bug report about it, but I dont know which logs to look at to get helpful info.....

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
              Im getting the same thing. Id love to file a bug report about it, but I dont know which logs to look at to get helpful info.....
              It appears that the blackened screen issue is no more.

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo View Post
                It appears that the blackened screen issue is no more.
                I hope so. That was an extremely annoying issue.

Comment

It seems that the update notification that used to appear at panel no longer shows up. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Verify that you (still) have these installed:

muon-updater
                    muon-notifier
                    update-notifier-common
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                      Verify that you (still) have these installed:

muon-updater
                      muon-notifier
                      update-notifier-common
                      Yep, those packages are installed. But update-notifier, update-manager-kde and update-notifier-kde are not installed. Those have to be installed too?

Comment

update-notifier:
                        Puts an icon in the user's notification area when package updates are available

update-manager-kde:
                        Support modules for Muon Notifier and Apper to check for new distro releases and download the dist-upgrade tool

update-notifier-kde:
                        This package contains a module to notify the user when there is a need for an upgrade or a security upgrade

Go ahead and install these; won't hurt. Likely update-notifier or update-notifier-kde is what you are looking for.

Comment

I didn't install update-notifier because it's GNOME stuff and a lot of packages are needed. But even after installin update-manager-kde and update-notifier-kde I still don't get the panel icon.

Edit: I get only the "It is recommended to update your system" warning, but not the "wheel" at panel.
                          Last edited by geoaraujo; Apr 14, 2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Read through https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...in-12-04/page2

It's on the 12.04 sub-forum, but it may shed light your your issue (the same) with 14.04.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Snowhog. However, I've read the thread and followed the suggestions there but the problem persists.

Edit: Running Muon Updater (GUI), I've set it to show available updates. Now I get the Muon Discovery icon at panel (besides the update notification) when there's an update, but still not the wheel icon...
                              Last edited by geoaraujo; Apr 15, 2014, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I took a few minutes this weekend to install the Tahr daily from last Wednesday. My short notes so far on install and usage:

Initial install:
                                Installed to my existing btrfs multi-drive filesystem. No issues. Booted right up and I was able to go right to work. *NOTE* I do not use a standard grub configuration so I can't comment on that.

Network/Internet:
                                Updated network configuration and bonded my two ethernet ports. After restart, Network Manager failed to connect. This is not a surprise as port aggregation has never been supported by any network manager I am aware of. I purged KNetworkManager and manually configured resolv.conf by creating the "tail" file with my nameserver and domain. Next launch, all was well.

Video:
                                Initial video support worked fine. Dual monitors detected and correctly set up. Ran the driver support tool, selected nVidia-331 and rebooted. Worked perfectly. I later added my custom xorg.conf file for my tweaks without issues.

I've started adding the software I like and removing unneeded stuff. So far, the results are better than I had expected.

At this point: Tahr is the closet Linux distro I've ever seen to just working right-out-of-the-box. I'm looking forward to a stable, functional and great working environment!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                                X