Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find out why my Dolphin upload speed is low?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the nepomuk entries are because it is currently disabled. I too get those same errors and I have nepomuk disabled. Although, my dolphin is acting just fine (i.e. no speed issues that I can see).

My output:
    Code:
    fletch@gemini:~$ dolphin
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(3959)" Soprano: "Could not connect to server at /tmp/ksocket-fletch/nepomuk-socket (No such file or directory)"
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(3959)" Soprano: "Could not connect to server at /tmp/ksocket-fletch/nepomuk-socket (No such file or directory)"
    dolphin(3959) KSambaSharePrivate::findSmbConf: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf! 
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Permission denied
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Permission denied
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/lost+found
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/janedoe
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /lost+found
    I don't use Samba and un-install everything related to it (that is allowed) post install, so I am not sure why I have that error. Also, not sure why I am getting the other errors either though.
    Last edited by benny_fletch; Oct 17, 2012, 10:57 AM.
    Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
    tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by michel View Post
      I tried to add some sort of Samba services to Dolphin. The service never showed up in the Dolphin menu. When I look at installed services, Samba is not there. At any rate what should I be looking for in smb.conf and what about those nepomuk entries?

Michel
      Run testparm on /etc/samba/smb.conf and see what it says. Samba won't run if the config is bad.

Please Read Me

Comment

This is what I get:

michel@michel-Satellite-L650:~$ testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf
        Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
        rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
        Processing section "[michelshare]"
        Processing section "[HPLaserjet M1319f]"
        Processing section "[print$]"
        Loaded services file OK.
        WARNING: You have some share names that are longer than 12 characters.
        These may not be accessible to some older clients.
        (Eg. Windows9x, WindowsMe, and smbclient prior to Samba 3.0.)
        Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
        Michel

Comment

Originally posted by benny_fletch View Post
          I believe the nepomuk entries are because it is currently disabled. I too get those same errors and I have nepomuk disabled. Although, my dolphin is acting just fine (i.e. no speed issues that I can see).

My output:
          Code:
          fletch@gemini:~$ dolphin
          dolphin(3959) KSambaSharePrivate::findSmbConf: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf! 
          QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root
          QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/lost+found
          QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/janedoe
          QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /lost+found
          I don't use Samba and un-install everything related to it (that is allowed) post install, so I am not sure why I have that error. Also, not sure why I am getting the other errors either though.
          I think Samba is involved because you can use Dolphin to browse the network including Samba shares ?

Michel

Comment

I asked KDE regarding the error message and got this answer:

Those messages can safely be ignored.

As for what the messages are:
            Code: Select all
            "/usr/bin/dolphin(10229)" Soprano: "Could not connect to server at /tmp/ksocket-michel/nepomuk-socket (No such file or directory)"
            "/usr/bin/dolphin(10229)" Soprano: "Could not connect to server at /tmp/ksocket-michel/nepomuk-socket (No such file or directory)"

These come from Soprano, the library which underlies Nepomuk. Unfortunately it tends to be a little noisy. This essentially means Nepomuk is not running/is disabled on your computer.

Code: Select all
            dolphin(10229) KSambaSharePrivate::testparmParamValue: We got some errors while running testparm "Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
            Loaded services file OK.
            WARNING: You have some share names that are longer than 12 characters.
            These may not be accessible to some older clients.
            (Eg. Windows9x, WindowsMe, and smbclient prior to Samba 3.0.)
            "

This comes from Samba, it seems that the smb.conf file on your system has some shares which have names longer than 12 characters - it is essentially a warning. KDE interacts with Samba to allow you to share folders on your system easily.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
            All is well.

Michel

Comment

Working...
            X