X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ti_tux View Post
    you're welcome !

Comment

In my experience it's not necessary to make this pin-file as Muon has the option to lock a particular version of an application.

Open the Muon package manager, select firefox, then the versions tab and select the version you want to keep and press theForce version button.
      A little padlock will show up below the DEB icon in front of firefox.
      (Attention, translated from a Dutch version so the wording might differ)

Comment

Yes, this will lock a package at a certain version, but the pin file allows for the package to be upgraded, but only through the desired repository.

Comment

Originally posted by moray33 View Post
          I'm not sure if this has sense, but maybe it's because the firefox package we had was sumki's and not Blue Shell's version... After doing what ti_tux said I have no problems.
          No, I had already got rid of sumski's version and was using the blue-shell version. I have been using it since it was released(minus 24/48 hours maybe) and was upgraded to canonical's version despite using the pin file I posted when the blue-shell release came out.

Sent from my DROID2 Global
          CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
          Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
          Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
          Graphics Card: MSI R7770
          Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
          Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
          PSU: Corsair 520HX
          Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
          Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
          Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo View Post
            I don't know if I'm missing something, but I've added blue-shell-ppa, deleted sumki's ppa, and ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Nothing happens. The blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000 file's extension should be .save?
            Unless a file extension is actually specified(when following instructions) then you shouldn't need a file extension.

Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

I tried bumping the pin priority and apt-get update and dist-upgrade but I think I keep getting the gtk version on my clean install of kubuntu. Does the blue shell version have anything in the about screen to clarify it is the blue shell version? If not, it would be great if someone suggests this to the devs if they arent already lurking around.

Last edited by Xplorer4x4; Sep 03, 2012, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Well... if you do the open file thing you get the tipical KDE dialog.

I followed the instructions a few posts above and now I have a 14.0.1 kde friendly.
                Still waiting for FF15.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by lanzen View Post
                  Well... if you do the open file thing you get the tipical KDE dialog.

I followed the instructions a few posts above and now I have a 14.0.1 kde friendly.
                  Still waiting for FF15.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
                  Well it is more natural to look in "about" and get information on the software then it is to try opening a file.

As I said, I followed the instructions..they were no help this time. They worked prior to install though.

The problem turned out to be that I wasnt installing the kde helper. So I am now confused. Is the browser binary in the ppa itself modified at all?

Comment

You need both firefox-kde-support and patched Firefox. Firefox-kde-support was dropped because Firefox for Precise would no longer get KDE patches, so the package got obsolete.
                    http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post301344
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi

Don't know particularly as to how I did it, but I stumbled through it and got some nice black/blue themes and, apparently, the same kind of favourites as in Rekonq if I want them. But not so slickly turned out.

woodsmoke
                      sigpic
                      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                        Hi

Don't know particularly as to how I did it, but I stumbled through it and got some nice black/blue themes and, apparently, the same kind of favourites as in Rekonq if I want them. But not so slickly turned out.

woodsmoke
                        My guess is you used a persona or a theme(not the same thing).

Comment

I do not get what exactly is wrong in my setup, but I cannot get the pin feature to work. Here:

dg@bala:/etc/apt/preferences.d$ cat blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000
                          Package: *
                          Pin: release o=LP-PPA-blue-shell-firefox-kde
                          Pin-Priority: 1000

dg@bala:/etc/apt/preferences.d$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --simulate
                          Skaitomi paketų sąrašai... Baigta
                          Konstruojamas priklausomybių medis
                          Skaitoma būsenos informacija... Baigta
                          Skaičiuojami atnaujinimai... Įvykdyta
                          Bus atnaujinti šie paketai:
                          firefox
                          1 atnaujinti, 0 naujai įdiegti, 0 bus pašalinta ir 0 neatnaujinta.
                          Inst firefox [15.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.2~ppa1] (15.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 Ubuntu:12.04/precise-updates [i386])
                          Conf firefox (15.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 Ubuntu:12.04/precise-updates [i386])
                          dg@bala:/etc/apt/preferences.d$

Besides: after I installed manually the blue shell firefox, firefox lost localization, although the lithuanian packages are installed and worked in the default firefox version... Other than that, it is working, thanks!

[I also thought I lost the menu panel widget integration, but it turns out it does not work in the default firefox either].
                          Last edited by dgvirtual; Sep 19, 2012, 07:12 AM. Reason: I did a mistake

Comment

It seems the 15.0.1 localisation does not properly work with firefox 15.0
                            Because the Dutch one is presently not showing up either.

Comment

Uploading images to Photobucket it appears the Gtk dialog. I don't know what is different to other webs but it happens... I don't know if it's some kind of bug.

Comment

After the recent upgrade to Firefox 16.0.1, "Open Containing Folder" no longer opens Dolphin, but instead asks me to choose an application. This was working fine before, and I have the blue-shell firefox, firefox-kde-support, and kmozillahelper packages installed. The KDE file pickers are still used, FWIW. Anybody else having this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X