This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallace View Post
    So is sumki's fire-fox package no longer available? Should we be using Blue Shell's ppa now?
    Yes. Since the Kubuntu Team deciden to maintain Firefox with KDE compatiblity there had no sense to sumski do it the same thing.

Comment

So is sumki's fire-fox package no longer available? Should we be using Blue Shell's ppa now? I changed the sumki's pin priority to 1001, and ran apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade. Firefox was downgraded, but no upgrade to fire-fox 15 in sumki's ppa.
      You should now use the blue-shell ppa maintained by kubuntu devs; sumski's ppa for firefox is no longer maintained. FF15 is not yet in the ppa. Let them some time...

Comment

Thanks guys. Changed over to Blue Shell ppa and created the file with the pin code. Ran update and then dist-upgrade and now it shows a firefox 15 upgrade which I assume is from Canonical. Confused! Mind you I'm still using Sumki's 14.1 package for firefox.
        Last edited by Wallace; Sep 01, 2012, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Have you done exactly what that is said on post #87 especially for the origin of the package ? If yes, put the priority to 1001, update and upgrade for installing the FF package of blue-shell even if it is downgrading FF. Then re-put the pin priority to 1000.

Comment

Solved..thanks a million!

Comment

Originally posted by ti_tux View Post
              Have you done exactly what that is said on post #87 especially for the origin of the package ? If yes, put the priority to 1001, update and upgrade for installing the FF package of blue-shell even if it is downgrading FF. Then re-put the pin priority to 1000.
              Do I have to change file's name too, for example, blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1001 ?

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo View Post
                Do I have to change file's name too, for example, blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1001 ?
                I didn't change the file name. Just the pin priority inside the file.

Comment

I didn't change the file name. Just the pin priority inside the file.
                  I've done that, but nothing happened. I'm running Firefox 15, no downgrade popped out...
                  Should I just wait for blue-shell's package of Firefox 15?
                  Last edited by geoaraujo; Sep 01, 2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I've done that, but nothing happened. I'm running Firefox 15, no downgrade popped out...
                    Should I just wait for blue-shell's package of Firefox 15?
                    Have you added the blue-shell-ppa? , then create the blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000 file. Make sure you've deleted sumki's ppa. Then run sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. This should downgrade you to blue-shell's FF 14.0.1. Ya FF 15 not in the repos yet!
                    Last edited by Wallace; Sep 01, 2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Have you added the blue-shell-ppa? , then create the blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000 file. Make sure you've deleted sumki's ppa. Then run sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. This should downgrade you to blue-shell's FF 14.0.1. Ya FF 15 not in the repos yet!
                      I don't know if I'm missing something, but I've added blue-shell-ppa, deleted sumki's ppa, and ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Nothing happens. The blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000 file's extension should be .save?

Comment

I don't know if I'm missing something, but I've added blue-shell-ppa, deleted sumki's ppa, and ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. Nothing happens. The blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000 file's extension should be .save?
                        sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000

In nano ctrl>X asks you to save the file. You answer YES with Y to confirm, then hit enter. The file name is "blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000" no extra file extension (i.e. save) is necessary.

Comment

sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000

In nano ctrl>X asks you to save the file. You answer YES with Y to confirm, then hit enter. The file name is "blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000" no extra file extension (i.e. save) is necessary.
                          Ok, thank you. Now it's done. So, I assume we now just have to wait for blue-shell's package of Firefox 15. Should I change priority back to 1000?

Comment

Ok, thank you. Now it's done. So, I assume we now just have to wait for blue-shell's package of Firefox 15. Should I change priority back to 1000?
                            Yup change back the priority to 1000 and wait till FF 15 comes into the repos. Did the change downgrade you to 14.0.1? If it did no new FF upgrades should show.

Comment

Yup change back the priority to 1000 and wait till FF 15 comes into the repos. Did the change downgrade you to 14.0.1? If it did no new FF upgrades should show.
                              Yep, Firefox 14.0.1. Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

you're welcome !

Comment

Working...
                                X