This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: worst linux install ever

teunis, i agree about the pre-format, and I used to do that with Windblows also, when I was doing 2000 and xp.
    And I agree also about some people have problems but we don't hear about the thousands who do not.
    woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
      ...And I agree also about some people have problems but we don't hear about the thousands who do not.
      And if the problem causes data loss it doesn't matter if it only happens once in a thousand installs - it's a serious problem.
      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

I'm a pre-formatter like Teunis.

I think it started about 5 years ago when an installer would freeze at format time. The solution was to pre-partition and format and all was well at install time. Since then, my desktop has grown sufficiently complicated enough that I simply don't trust the installer not to mess things up.

I have had zero installer issues since I started pre-formatting.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
          But I always do the partitioning as a separate task from *parted and prior to starting the install, it just gives that much more control.
          Same here. I always prepare the HDD using GParted. I do not let the LiveCD partitioner do that task. Never had an issue.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X